90 degree valve stems

The only issue with angle stems I know of that is fact, is using a pull-thru angle stem... at high speed they may pull out of the wheel and of course you can imagine what happens then.

The only issue with angle stems I know of that is fact, is using a pull-thru angle stem... at high speed they may pull out of the wheel and of course you can imagine what happens then.
Unless I'm mistaken, none of the ones pictures above are the pull-through type. They all go through from the inside of the wheel and have a lock nut on the outside of the wheel.(the tire side). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
CAT3 @ Nov. 27 2007 said:
1230400[/ATTACH] PM]
Unless I'm mistaken, none of the ones pictures above are the pull-through type.  They all go through from the inside of the wheel and have a lock nut on the outside of the wheel.(the tire side).  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
you appear to be correct ..sir.

Why dont the oem pull through get slung off?...I understand the weight force, but force is still applied.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Yep, you are correct the ones posted are all bolt-ons, I was simply stating to stay away from the pull thru angled stems!

As for stock, straight stems not pulling the weight is centered over the flange of the stem. An angled one has the weight over one side of the stem at speed. In the Honda dealer in AZ they had some pics of rubber angled stems that were pulling out of a wheel, still held air at that point, but you could see it was about to pop out.

Yep, you are correct the ones posted are all bolt-ons, I was simply stating to stay away from the pull thru angled stems!  

As for stock, straight stems not pulling the weight is centered over the flange of the stem.  An angled one has the weight over one side of the stem at speed.  In the Honda dealer in AZ they had some pics of rubber angled stems that were pulling out of a wheel, still held air at that point, but you could see it was about to pop out.
Well wouldn't that just suck! I can honestly say I'm not a big fan of rapid tire pressure loss at high speeds. Seems to me that that would be a VERY bad day. . . I'm pretty sure that would be an
ohsnap1.gif
face7.gif
moment.

Actually they stock Goldwing valve stems. I got mine from the local HONDA dealership

I got mine from Charlie! Good product. Well made. Make sure you face them to the right side of the bike

Brendan, good point, my first install on my wheels I just put them in... figured it out as I was mounting the wheels to the bike.. ooops they were on the wrong side...nothing like laying down to check air pressure!

Back