9.44 @ 147... couple questions

Sancho

Registered
Well I went up this weekend and ran a 9.44 @ 147. Thought everything was going great and with a 1.60 60 foot time I knew things could only get better. A few passes later and the Mickey tire just completely failed. I was down to 10 psi and could not get it to hook. I really just want to get this bike consistent and the Mickey just seems like a light switch- it works great and then all of a sudden goes to nothing. Is the shinko a more consistent tire? Also- I have a 2-step that I just crest to try to get my launches right. I leave at 5000 and try to get on it as fast as I can. I am 9 inches back and I have had the shock redone- new spring and valving. Any good tips on dropping the 60' times?

i think you've got too much arm/tire for the power your're making. along with the shinko, there are a ton of tires out there that will work just fine you. switching to a radial tire is also going to give you some top end back.

I heard that the track at NED on Sunday was pretty marginal. Several people were spinning that day. For a 9" arm, you need a perfectly prepared track. On points days the track is always perfectly prepared. On days that they run street cars, forget it. For comparison, I run a Shinko U-soft at 20 to 24 psi depending on track conditions. But I would run a Mickey if I could afford them. Come on up this weekend. Track will be highly prepped.

I could see you having trouble off and on at 9 inches over. Go back to between 62 to 64 inches And you would be alot better off.

I am 7 over with a two step wide open i cut low 1.50s on a pilot power 2ct, you need to bring it in some and adjust your rebound

Never knew that longer (9 over) could be a recipe for trouble launches and shorter can be better. Keep on talking so I can learn more fellas.
thumb_up.gif

If the arm is too long, you have to have the proper suspension to go with it. When it gets too long, there is no weight over the tire and it just spins. Go too short and you will wheelie....too long and you will spin. many people say that 64" is where you should start. i personally like 62".

when you say that you have a micky... do you mean a flat slick or mcr2?

how many passes does the tire have on it????

either way there is to much air in the tire..... come down to about 7 and then see what it does....

just my 2 cents.... trash the mickey anyways and get a shinko 008... 1.19 60's are done on the tire all the time prolly even better times than that.

i live in alabama and the tracks here are always crappy.... i'm sittin at 70" and leave off the 2 step all the time with the shinko, i used to spin with the mickeys....

go look me up on myspace and there are some pics of the bike and even some video i think. busaspeed2002@yahoo.com

also hit me up if you have any?'s or anything

Back