9/11

I seldom do work in Lakeland (the town I live in) but that day I was, the office I was in had a radio playing in the background and I heard the morning guy telling that a plane had hit the WTC. He has been known for gags in the past and I remember thinking that this one wasn't very funny. Within a few minutes I heard some people out in the hallway discussing what had happened so I went to a TV and saw the pictures myself. While I was still there, the second plane hit. After finishing my work there, I headed by my house (since I was in town) by the time I got there, the Pentagon had been hit. My three daughters were all at home with my wife (homeschooled) so we sat and watched the events unfold together. I remember coming to the realization that things would never be the same again.

I was sitting at my PC when on IRC when someone said turn on your TV. I think I didn't leave from in front of the set for 16 straight hours . The first thing that came to mind was we're under attack . Now 9/11 is just like Pearl Harbour . A day of infamy.

I was working at the Y-12 NSC here in Oak Ridge, TN.  I was listening on the radio when the first plane hit.  I was alpha paging my linemen because there aren't any radios but two ways in the trucks.  Of course they locked us down immediately and sent us home at noon.  Like everyone else in the country I was glued to the tv from then on.

Dan

i remember it well...and was equally affected as you all...but had lingering doubts.....now...i understand them....educate yourselfs...and look to your administration for answers and god help those who did this to this country once we actually catch who did it

Anyone who was around at the time can/will never forget that horrific scene as it played out in front of our very eyes. Wife and I watched both episodes of Path to 9/11 and all I can say is that after watching that my government or at least the bureaucracy it has become sickens me! There’s no “Democrats did this, Republicans did thatâ€￾ involved here. Our country could not commit to stopping these bastards and stood by and watched it happen. I can only hope that next time we pay a little better attention to those who try to tell us something wicked this way comes!

i saw a special that the discovery channel did about people's stories from the towers, about people who had and hadn't made it. made me cry
sad.gif
had to turn the channel, too heart-wrenching for me

I was in my office that day, and the plant I work at is under the main flight path to our county airport. Well when all the planes starting landing it made me walk outside to see what the heck was going on? As a student pilot years ago I flew out of that airport everyday. They were landing so fast that there must have been more than one plane on the runway ant any time ( a big No No)! It was about 20 mins later that we got the word. What a sick feeling that was that day.

guns.gif

guns.gif
http://www.pimp-my-profile.com/<style type=text/css> .pimp_my_profile { Generated By Pimp My Profile www.pimp-my-profile.com/....ile.com</a> } table, tr, td { background-color:transparent; border:none; border-width:0px; } body { background-color:000000; background-image:url([url]http://content.pimp-my-profile.com/i6/6/7/6/f_f96c4f2d559a.jpg); background-position:Center Center; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; scrollbar-face-color:AA4422; scrollbar-highlight-color:AA6622; scrollbar-3dlight-color:CC6622; scrollbar-shadow-color:FF6622; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:662222; scrollbar-track-color:AA2222; } table table { border:0px; } table table table table { border:0px; background-image:none; background-color:transparent; } table table table { border-style:Inset; border-width:2px; border-color:AA2222; } table, tr, td, li, p, div { color:FF2222; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } .btext { color:FFFF22; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } .blacktext10 { color:FF2222; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; } .blacktext12 { color:eeeeee; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; } .lightbluetext8 { color:eeeeee; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } .orangetext15 { color:eeeeee; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } .redtext { color:2222FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; } .redbtext { color:2222FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; } .text { color:FFFF22; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; } .whitetext12 { color:ffffff; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } a:active, a:visited, a:link, a.searchlinksmall:active, a.searchlinksmall:visited, a.searchlinksmall:link { color:FF2222; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } a:hover, a.searchlinksmall:hover { color:eeeeee; font-size:14pt; font-weight:bold; } a.navbar:active, a.navbar:visited, a.navbar:link { color:FF2222; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } a.navbar:hover { color:eeeeee; font-size:14pt; font-weight:bold; } a.redlink:active, a.redlink:visited, a.redlink:link { color:FF2222; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } a.redlink:hover { color:eeeeee; font-size:14pt; font-weight:bold; } .nametext { color:FFFF22; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; } </style><p align=right><a href="http://www.pimp-my-profile.com/">[/URL] om</p>

guns.gif

Back