9/10th mile racing

V10TT

Registered
Down here in So. Fla lots of bikes like to do 9/10th mile.
There is this particular bike that claims 218-220 in the 9/10th.
How fast would you say he could trap in the 1/4 mile?

you may want to get in touch with Destin07 aka ace23 he knows lots about the 9/10 guys down in Florida. :thumbsup:

a complete guess would be trapping in the >160's range

Last edited:
Depends on the setup. I use to do 9/10s all the time in FL. It is 9/10s because of the mile markers on US 27. I could get about 165mph in the quarter if I could keep the non-stretched bike down, which is hard to do. Someone with the right setup and pushing 220mph in 9/10s should be around 175mph.

Most Sundays you would see a couple of bikes pushing thiose times and speeds. If you are thinking of racing in the quarter don't. Most likely the bike is 1550cc built motor, or a large azz turbo.

A guy that I know with a TT Viper was going to run it from 50 mph to 150 mph. I told him the bike was going to eat him up. The race never happened after all.

Question: Is the 9/10th of a mile done from a standing still, or from a rolling speed?

Last edited:
I thought they did (both) dig and 40-roll races. Most of the crazy street cars won't hook from a dig so that can help or hurt you depending on your setup... :beerchug:

A guy that I know with a TT Viper was going to run it from 50 mph to 150 mph. I told him the bike was going to eat him up. The race never happened after all.

Question: Is the 9/10th of a mile done from a standing still, or from a rolling speed?

you still working the door at stir crazy

Down here in So. Fla lots of bikes like to do 9/10th mile.
There is this particular bike that claims 218-220 in the 9/10th.
How fast would you say he could trap in the 1/4 mile?

after thinking about it i know tricktom ran 247 in the mile and when he took his bike to the track he was rusty and still trapped mid 180's i believe...so that would lead me to believe maybe you could achieve 225-240 depending on the setup. Lots of factors including aerodynamics, HP, and weight, gearing ect... would of course factor in to this....and that was done around 450HP

i will be able to give you a better answer shortly....I've got to get this last little boost stutter issue out of the way and get my 2nd put on. Then i will go mark off 9/10ths and get a gps and see what it will do. I will have the bike geared at 19-45 and will have a 240-45-18 on the rear...I think with my limiter extended to 12K that its good for 220mph but I only tuned my bike to 11.5K or something like that due to the stock cams stopped making power. It will be on 18lb or 362HP and i need to get it to a weigh station but with me on it I think 900Lb is a close bet.

Busa 480lb
gas 30lb
rider 280lb
turbo kit 70lb
Ams 1000, gauges, LC-1 wideband , all extra wires, 240 wheel kit...i would think the extra 40LB needed to reach a total of 900lb would be found here easily!!

So give me a couple of weeks cause i don't get to ride much and when i get everything sorted out i will see how it goes

Id like to throw a 19t up front on my boosted bike n come down there. Those new 1ks move so good with bolt ons and an unlocked ecu. Im in Flagler Beach, how many hours to get down there? I know Paul in Dania Beach tunes a lot of those bikes, Hussain had a couple there last time I was there.

Id like to throw a 19t up front on my boosted bike n come down there. Those new 1ks move so good with bolt ons and an unlocked ecu. Im in Flagler Beach, how many hours to get down there? I know Paul in Dania Beach tunes a lot of those bikes, Hussain had a couple there last time I was there.

Goes down on US27 north of I75...

Back