87 GSXR 1100 starter clutch install

dirty dave

Registered
ok I know this is a busa forum but has anyone on here ever done a starter clutch in a old gsxr? looking for some help with the install

They're all much the same, and pretty simple. It's been a long time since I've even seen an 1100, so I can't remember bolt by bolt. Basically remove the clutch cover, remove the bolts that hold in the plates and remove them all. Make sure to stack the fiber and metal plates in the order you remove them so it will be easy to install the new ones the same way. Switch the springs on the bolts and reassemble. If that's a mechanical clutch(has a cable, and not hydraulic...I don't remember) You'll have to adjust the linkage some, simple as turning the nuts on the cable.

I think the 1100 has a mechanical cable operated clutch, the Busa has a hydraulic. The clutch themselves and their replacement are basically the same. If you want you can download the Busa service manul from this site and look at the clutch replacement in it. It's close enough to give you an idea of what you have to do, but it's very simple

Back