84 led tail turn signals - opinions please

The more I look at it, the more I like not having the black holes on the tail anymore.

BEFORE
TailGrill-Before.jpg

AFTER
TailGrill-After.jpg

Hey that looks cool
SHOCKED.gif
definitly a must have. how about a video of what it looks like from the rear at nite and during the day.
super.gif

Thanks! During the daytime they're not really noticeable directly from the back. A little off to one side though you can see them. At night, it's a different story. You can DEFINITELY see the spot light flashing. I think they're more for people to see me when I change lanes or when I'm turning that cars that are perpendicular with me know my intentions. But in all honesty, I really just like playing with LEDs. Coincidently, my first name is Del and if you spell it backwards is....what? Yep you got it.
beerchug.gif

Sorry, no plans on production. I honestly don't have time to make any and it took me 2 months to finish my own up. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....3151321
These look like they might fit the hole VERY nicely though! You'd have to measure your signal to verify it. Hell, they're only 12 LEDs short of how many I fit on mine, I bet they'd be close to the same size! Might be worth a shot if someone wanted to try 'em.
smile.gif

If I could get some boards etched, that'd make them ALOT easier to solder.
smile.gif

I bought 500 orange 5000mcd LEDs for $20 shipped. $5 for the board, $2 for the connector $3 for the grill material. I had liquid electrical tape, heat shrink and solder laying around already. So I have about $30 wrapped up in it plus a few hours of time.
smile.gif

Seems I've found these things most useful when merging on the interstate. People that are coming up know my intentions.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

i've gotta add this one to the winter mod's list! thanks for the info. nice work!
ukliam3.gif

amazing! Looks great!

Bonus, would add to being seen at night (especially when you are beside a car)

P.S. Would be cool to make them flash with the turn signals as well!

(InfiniteReality @ Sep. 15 2006,18:15) Some daytime pics of them with the silver powdercoated grills.  Some pics they look more like bare aluminum, but in person they match the bike almost perfect!!
smile.gif
 I'm very happy with the way they came out! I really like the silver powder coating, no more black holes on the tail! They light up just as I hoped too, something different, unique and makes me more visible to the idiots on the road. I should have finished this 2 months ago when I first started it!  lol
smile.gif

Also got some daytime video with my digital camera and will get some nighttime video tonight with the camcorder.
smile.gif
 A video will follow shortly!

IMGP2969.jpg

IMGP2981.jpg

IMGP2983.jpg

IMGP2985.jpg

IMGP2986.jpg

IMGP2990.jpg

IMGP2993.jpg
Whihch undertail do you have?

P.S. Like the short can on the pipe as well, did you cut it down??

smile.gif

smile.gif

Yep they flash with the turn signals, no running lights. Well, not yet. Easy thing to do, I wonder....?

I have a UFO undertail, with of course, LEDs in it too that I made.
smile.gif

Yep I cut 9" off the Yoshi pipe. Louder and deeper, loved it. But to change things up a bit, 2 weeks ago I put a stock 06 GSXR1000 pipe on it instead. Still deep, but alot more quiet. Kinda like it though I hear engine and wind now. lol

Back