83 Degree Valve stems

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Installed a second set yesterday.
Kurveygirl.com around $30, get the 11.3 mm for the busa. They are available in several colors.
Razor blade to cut off the old rubber valve stem. 14mm socket to tighten the new stem.

100_2800.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2781.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2792.jpg

Last edited:
Steve,
Post up a video of you slapping that tire on the wheel. I still get my butt whopped when trying to do it. I think my tires are too cold when I do it.:laugh:

I have some angle stems I need to put on my project 05...had them for about 4 years now:whistle:

The second bead........ it can be a little problem if you don't push down on the bead. I have trouble by myself, the nomar tire bar requires two hands and I need a third to keep the bead down.
I use the "yellow thing" from nomar. It helps.
Sometimes I take the top bead as far as it will go and spoon it on the rest of the way.
Check Nomar for a video or youtube. i don't have a video.

Last edited:
I have the no mar bar as well...I need to get one of the yellow thingy's.

Installed a second set yesterday.
Kurveygirl.com around $30, get the 11.3 mm for the busa. They are available in several colors.
Razor blade to cut off the old rubber valve stem. 14mm socket to tighten the new stem.

+$100 for Harbor Freight tire changer
+$100 for Nomar bar

This is getting expensive :laugh::laugh:

Thanks for posting this up. I couldn't figure out how to spell Kurveygirl. I already ordered the pressure and temp monitor, it should be at the house any day now :thumbsup:

Get a big "C" clamp and clamp the tire together to get the bead down into the rim. then you can us both hands to work the bar.

I so need a set of those kurvey whatchamacallit's...Does the 11.3 size work for GenI as well?

Get a big "C" clamp and clamp the tire together to get the bead down into the rim. then you can us both hands to work the bar.

I so need a set of those kurvey whatchamacallit's...Does the 11.3 size work for GenI as well?

yes, they are the same

Ordered this bead breaker, last week. You should have more than one way to get a job done.

31qJAXqdZVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Great Thanks!

Oh sure, now you need FOUR hands! :laugh:

So tell me Uncle Steve, Did you run Storms during the knee dragging at Hallett?

No, I now have 2 sets of wheels. Street and track. First set of storms for the street. Wanted to try them.
I have been using Bridgestone 003 and 016's. Dunlop Q2's are the next purchase for the track. If I like the 003 better, it will be my track tire choice. Problem is, three track days and the Bridgestone's have not sides left on them. hmmm... wonder why? :laugh:

are these the same Ariete valve stems that GoldenChild has been carrying for years? bought one set several years ago and another set last year from him :beerchug:

No, I now have 2 sets of wheels. Street and track. First set of storms for the street. Wanted to try them.
I have been using Bridgestone 003 and 016's. Dunlop Q2's are the next purchase for the track. If I like the 003 better, it will be my track tire choice. Problem is, three track days and the Bridgestone's have not sides left on them. hmmm... wonder why? :laugh:

I so need a second set of rims! You'll like the storms for the road...though i have switched to Pirelli Angels for 1. they are out there farily cheap for a set and 2. they feel more stable and give sightly better feed back in the corners.

uhm..not to jack your thread! :bowdown:

Back