81mm bore block?

Rob hayes

Registered
Anyone aware of a good place to get a gen 2 stock size block? I can get one from Suzuki, but wondering if there are places that might have some for under the $1200. I see a lot of performance shops having the oversized, but I want to stick with the 81mm bore.
And the current block isn’t even remotely exchange worthy, so looking for outright purchase.

Last edited:
I *think* the blocks are the same between Gen 1 and Gen 2, stroke is where the extra displacement comes from.
@Boosted Cycle Perf can confirm or refute this, and he may have or know of a spare block.

Anyone aware of a good place to get a gen 2 stock size block? I can get one from Suzuki, but wondering if there are places that might have some for under the $1200. I see a lot of performance shops having the oversized, but I want to stick with the 81mm bore.
And the current block isn’t even remotely exchange worthy, so looking for outright purchase.
Hi I have a stock bore Gen 2 block. The blocks are different, but you can use a Gen 2 block in a Gen 1 and a Gen 1 will work in a Gen 2. The Gen 1 is a better block, The Gen 2 blocks can crack if bored or big power. MIKE 508-496-5680 or E Mail vn66676869@aol.com

(...)

sorry - i can´t understand whats your prob is.
so i ask (german i am ;-) )
is the actual compression lower than the manual as lowest declares?
or what ?

if compression, i would bore the cylinders 0.5 mm up and put a new nikasil coating in/onto
plus new 0.5 mm oversized pistons ´n rings

@michael parris heuberger
numbered pistons and rings included?
dear, with 150$ for all you make a huge and generous gift - its no more a sale. ;-)

sorry - i can´t understand whats your prob is.
so i ask (german i am ;-) )
is the actual compression lower than the manual as lowest declares?
or what ?

if compression, i would bore the cylinders 0.5 mm up and put a new nikasil coating in/onto
plus new 0.5 mm oversized pistons ´n rings
It’s a turbo bike that I race. For the turbo pressures, I prefer to have as much cylinder wall strength as I can and I don’t need the extra displacement overbore gives me, plus I already have CP 81mm pistons and don’t care to drop the money to get a different size.

hey rob
now i got it - loool -
what pressure do you wanna ride?
a friend has a street turbo with max 1.2 bar and a real lot of fun with it on our highways,

It’s a turbo bike that I race. For the turbo pressures, I prefer to have as much cylinder wall strength as I can and I don’t need the extra displacement overbore gives me, plus I already have CP 81mm pistons and don’t care to drop the money to get a different size.
Hi. If it is turbo I would only go with a Gen 1 block. I am building a Gen 1 with a Gen 2 crank =1340 cc. I am going with the RCC 1000HP kit modded by DME inconel turbo header.

==

Thanks for all the info and responses. I talked with John @Wossner and decided to go with one of their new Gen 1 blocks. John was super helpful, responsive, and seemed like a nice guy. I'd highly recommend him.

There's a pretty extensive build thread on here about what his plans and goals are. He's wanting to be able to drag race, land speed race and go to the store with minimal changes to the bike.
The going to the store is not that hard my bike is registered and inspected I even run regular unleaded while boost controller is off 5 psi gate spring W 9-1 pistons

Back