8 minutes of BusaWing part 2 walk around

Here is our time slip . Video uploading currently.

20191117_095542.jpg

20191117_095531.jpg

Uploading a video explanation . Our performance was not of standards .
@Dopey I answer what happened with the back torque limiter buddy .
In honesty I little desire to make passes on RJ due to the abuse the clutch sees .
After years of drag racing myself , and being a small teams crew chief/ engine builder / tuner .
My days are done especially when the two local tracks have really gone down hill in terms of prep.
Also the cars allowed on test / tune days usually oil the track down several times . To much shut down time from mismanaged track .

View attachment 1607878

View attachment 1607879

View attachment 1607880

View attachment 1607881
Oh I hear ya, I’m retired as well never raced bikes except for the occasional pass at the track, but raced cars since high school and officially retired some years ago due to a variety of circumstances.

Nice vid mate.
I’ve also had a bad experience with my clutch bucking and kicking like a rodeo bull. . . Not nice at all.
Since then I’ve never again tried to feed power/revs through the clutch on take off.
I will do the mod on my clutch soon and I also have new OEM set of plates to fit to it at the same time as I’m in there.

• Love
Reactions: c10
Greg I will do my best for a video . However no kids at home to be my camera man , and pausing is not figured out by myself yet . The old Sony phone allowed me to pause , and restart when ready to continue . It died though :( .

I'm going big though with the entire billet inner clutch hub . No inner parts to break or studs to fall apart .

I saw those billet inner clutch hubs too...they look interesting. Not sure which direction I'm going yet but I won't rule out the billet one...

Your video could be the hinge point for me to decide.

Greg I will do my best for a video . However no kids at home to be my camera man , and pausing is not figured out by myself yet . The old Sony phone allowed me to pause , and restart when ready to continue . It died though :( .

I'm going big though with the entire billet inner clutch hub . No inner parts to break or studs to fall apart .
Is this the one . . Schnitz ?
Sheeesh! The price is up there :confused:
1574017683178.png

Wow! Postage from the States to NZ is unbelievable!!!
I just went to SchnitzRacing.com and put the Carpenter clutch mod ring in the basket.
Went to the checkout and entered my shipping address. . . .
the shipping cost is
1574018567086.png

add that to the $79.95 and its US$130.00
Convert to $NZ and it's a whopping
NZ$203.01
I'll have to save for that lol.
So you guys in the US pay $80
I pay $203.
Ridiculous.

Wow! Postage from the States to NZ is unbelievable!!!
I just went to SchnitzRacing.com and put the Carpenter clutch mod ring in the basket.
Went to the checkout and entered my shipping address. . . .
the shipping cost is
View attachment 1607899
add that to the $79.95 and its US$130.00
Convert to $NZ and it's a whopping
NZ$203.01
I'll have to save for that lol.
So you guys in the US pay $80
I pay $203.
Ridiculous.
Hi Kiwi. I wish my set up was that cheep. My clutch Quick cover $500.00 [may go with C/F $???? clutch $160.00 Out put shaft support $485.00, light nuts and bolts $100.00, inner basket $439.00 MTC Gen II lock up $2300,00, tuning kit $80.00 and a Ti clutch push rod + shipping =about $4,100.00. YES an MTC Gen ll will work on the street!

Hi Kiwi. I wish my set up was that cheep. My clutch Quick cover $500.00 [may go with C/F $???? clutch $160.00 Out put shaft support $485.00, light nuts and bolts $100.00, inner basket $439.00 MTC Gen II lock up $2300,00, tuning kit $80.00 and a Ti clutch push rod + shipping =about $4,100.00. YES an MTC Gen ll will work on the street!
Haha . . I haven't won the lottery yet so prices like that are out of my league lol.
I do understand that for thge HP you are after, you will definitely need a clutch at that level . . I get it.
I'm just a worker on crappy wages trying to get by every week . :confused:

That's close to what I paid for the whole bike....

Greg when your ready let me know I can see about shipping through my company in a small box custom foam packed by me . Cam make a mock package in size/weight to get a price .
It would be free shipping to me in the USA
Hey thanks so much for your kind and generous offer . . I may be able to afford it after all!
I could pay you via paypal for the parts, then you order it to get the free shipping in the US ?
Would that be the best way?
I'm not sure if I can pay by credit card on their website and specify your mailing address, and if they will send it free postage?
What's your thoughts on this Bryan?

Hey thanks so much for your kind and generous offer . . I may be able to afford it after all!
I could pay you via paypal for the parts, then you order it to get the free shipping in the US ?
Would that be the best way?
I'm not sure if I can pay by credit card on their website and specify your mailing address, and if they will send it free postage?
What's your thoughts on this Bryan?

Dealer‘s shop labor price around here is $120 per hour. How much is yours?

Haha . . I haven't won the lottery yet so prices like that are out of my league lol.
I do understand that for thge HP you are after, you will definitely need a clutch at that level . . I get it.
I'm just a worker on crappy wages trying to get by every week . :confused:
HI. I have S S $1650.00 a mo + PT job $265.00 WK another PT job $420.00 WK + what I get from the Army for being 110% disabled = 100% physical + 10% mental They say I have PTSD and I scraping junk metal. I can put $1500. to $2000. a mount to the bike some times more as I buy cars and trucks and sell them. So about 5 to 6 yrs to build the bike if it all goes well. I have to pay insurence $140. mo food $150. mo home repairs ? taxes car truck bike $60 a year house and land $325. a week= $21,000. a year I live cheep. + what I spend for fun!+ gas about $4,000.

Back