7500 mile service

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I'm about to bring my bike in for service. Do you guys recommend K&N for the air filter? What brand spark plugs? Thanks.

I'd go for a K & N or a BMC filter. As far as plugs, that's a toss up.....some folks like platinums while others prefer irridium plugs. Suggest you do a search on this forum, you might find what you're lookin' for. Good luck!!

I'd go wit a BMC filter and NGK IX iridium. This is the new item #3521, and this is the old item #C9EIX.

K&N filter seems to work for me.

Just ordinary everyday NGK CR9E's are plenty all right too. Paying more for platinum or iridium of fantasticum spark plugs never made sense to me.

BTW, you can buy those CR9E's at the local auto parts stores and pay about half what you pay at the bike dealerships. I just buy the 10-pak whenever I need 'em 'cause I'm doing two bikes all the time.

--Wag--

+1, I get mine at O'rileys. avoid the stealership when possible.
beerchug.gif

K&N filter seems to work for me.

Just ordinary everyday NGK CR9E's are plenty all right too.  Paying more for platinum or iridium of fantasticum spark plugs never made sense to me.

BTW, you can buy those CR9E's at the local auto parts stores and pay about half what you pay at the bike dealerships.  I just buy the 10-pak whenever I need 'em 'cause I'm doing two bikes all the time.

--Wag--
+2 Save yourself money and get your plugs at a automotive store (Advance's etc). Stock air filter is just as good if not better than the others mention and will cost less.

I have a K&N filter but that's just because that's what was in there when I bought it.

--Wag--

Back