750 Down

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I was not there when it happend But I will try and word things right.

Its about 16:00pm and a shipmate at our shop gets a call on his phone from his wife, she was just leaving the base and said theres a wreck. She said It was a Yellow motorcycle. So were all wondering who it could be? Anyways, about 5minutes later, a friend of mine calls me. Says his buddy and a buddy of mine laid his bike down.

This is how it was told to me, "He was riding on my left, behind me. We get to the front gate, and as were turning right he zooms by me and I can hear the motor screaming. It sounded like he downshifted in the corner, and the bike slid and hit the wall and rolled."

I have not yet got to see the bike, but next thing I know his LPO came up to me and asked if I could try and get his bike on base for him. We were trying not to let the towing company take the bike, but we got there to late. He didn't have his Motorcycle license yet, so we will see how this turns out. I don't think this will go over well with at our command. And yesterday, I was outside putting the last piece on my bike and we were talking. He said that he does his last driving part of the course this Saturday. And he said he wanted to ride his bike so bad! I told him that there could be very bad repercussions if he got a ticket or something without his motorcycle endorsement. He acknowledged this, and that's the last I spoke to him. So at least I tried.

He is fine by the way, only scraps. He was wearing his gear "I was told". It was a 2002 GSXR750 modded out nicely. Previous owner was a CDR in the USN. From what Ive been told the forks are twisted, and the whole front of the bike is gone. If I can get some pic's I will. Just figured I would throw this out to my fellow military guys/gals. Don't ride your bike until you have all the pre-requirements and gear.

hope hes ok!!! have many a friends go down without being legal.. (maryland) 5 points riding without supervision + any dmg done or what happened... more then likly neglegent driving tickets.. 1 neg = 2 more points... fines are in the hundreds... not sure how the locals treat you guys have heard well and not so well storys.. like wise have had friends get off cause the cop knows it was a tramatic issue and some that have gone to the e.r and made them sign the tickets still on the stretcher... wish your friend the best.. thanks 2 you both for protecting our country.

wow.gif
sorry to hear it ............thank god for GEAR!!!!!!!!!

Back