74 yr old female rider

BUSAFETT

Registered
http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/queenie.htm?pg=1

ardys3.jpg

When I took the MSF course years ago, I was so intimidated by the crowd heading in; older guys, full beards...just knew they had been riding Harleys for years and years...

It was great to meet then 71 year old Skip; turns out he lives just a few miles from me and he too was just learning to ride for the first time. He started on a Honda, and now has a ton of $ in a Harley trike that he's taken all over the country...I guess he's about 75 now, and still riding...
beerchug.gif

Ardys been on 3 Iron Butt National Rallys (that's 10,000 miles + in 10 Days) and finished 2 of them that I know of (I think the last one, 2 years ago she had to pull out of on the 4 or 5th day). She's also competed for years in Iron Butt Rallys (1,000 mile + per 24 hours) and I know one she was in with me doing 1,500 + in 30 hours. As I recall, she lives in Amarillo, Tx and is quite a Lady  
beerchug.gif

Article says she's on her way to pick up a new BMW she bought.
HELL, BMW SHOULD JUST GIVE HER THE DAMN THING!!!

This woman is my new hero. I pray to have a life like that if I get to 74!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Just looked Ardys in Ron Ayres book, "Going the Extra Mile", about Long Distance riding. He has a small artical about Ardys on page 79, which tells about her doing a 50 CC (that's a Coast to Coast ride in under 50 hours) and in 1990 (when she was 60) won the BMW Woman's six month mileage record. Doing 50,089 miles which equals 275 miles PER DAY for 6 months. Now that's something I don't even want to think about trying  
wow.gif

Too Ardys  
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

Back