71mph in a 30 on the Dragon ticket costs........

Dan,

Make sure you call down there and ask what your options are. I have a friend that got a similar ticket and was able to pay a fine and not have it go on his record. He did have to do a drivers education course though.

lil charlie said:
You got off light. Here thats jail time and $1500

Here I would take it to court and get off :-)

Just FYI everyone should google speeding ticket on the dragon. You will find that the true speed limit on the dragon is 65mph, also that most of it is federal land and the THP has no authority to perform speed traps on federal land. The speed limit was once set at 55 then dropped to 40 then in 02 dropped to 30. The only problem is the Tenn dot never gave Blount county the permission to lower the speed limit. Let's keep in mind the dragon from the CROT to lookout point is a rural 2 lane road with no driveways, intersections, or access points. All other rural roads are set at least 55mph in Tenn.

The dragons speed limit was lowered to 30 to extort money from bikers and out of town visitors who won't fight the ticket. Let me also add when the speed limit was 55 there were ZERO recorded deaths on the dragon.

That's an interesting argument, but most states speeding laws are based on posted limits, but interesting.

Back