7 dead at Temple near Milwaukee

people gunned down in a theater and the posts are endless. people gunned down in a sikh temple and the thread is empty, sorry but I have to wonder if this is because they were sikh..still seven people didnt deserve to die

people gunned down in a theater and the posts are endless. people gunned down in a sikh temple and the thread is empty, sorry but I have to wonder if this is because they were sikh..still seven people didnt deserve to die

My thoughts exactly. One of the people gunned down was a police officer trying to help another victim. That should warrant posting about if nothing else. I guess Police and Sikh followers are not humans and do not deserve our prayers.

They are getting mine any ways.

Its all about sensationalism, shooting in ND and I couldn't find anything on it earlier today

I really hate conspiracy theories, but these aren't random. This shooting is right before voting on banning guns.

Plus Card, here in WI we can carry in a church as long as it isn't posted..

These shootings aren't random, and we need to wake up and smell the coffee here.

Unbelieveable... My thoughts and prayers out... It seems the only things on the news these days are shootings and/or drug busts :banghead:

My thoughts exactly. One of the people gunned down was a police officer trying to help another victim. That should warrant posting about if nothing else. I guess Police and Sikh followers are not humans and do not deserve our prayers.

They are getting mine any ways.

:please::please: prayers going out to for the victims and their family and friends. Its a shame what this country is coming to. :banghead:

Im no racist but this is just meesed up. Sad to see what this country is coming to.

Here we go again. The FBI has already stated that every time they have an incident like CO, that there is usually someone out there thinking of committing same and it can push them over the edge to copycat. It may be the reason that the temple shooting is a little more low key, as the press has again been reminded of what happens when they over-report/sensationalize this acts.

At least this time, the shooter has paid the price.

i am saddened that this type of stuff continues to happen when we haven't addressed the issue...folks are angry and fed up with allot of things and it isnt the guns that cause this...but that is what they want to take away. more people die from DUI's every year...why are we not taking away the alcohol. more people die from prescription drugs and the government approved crap that is being put out there with side effects that kill...yet we are not banning the FDA. spin this spin that...rhetoric and brainwashing to the masses.

Hate drives such heinous acts...amazing to see just how much hatred there is in the world, and just how close to our own lives/homes it is...

R.I.P. to the victims... :please:

I didn't post because I didn't feel like going through another long, useless discussion about "if someone had a gun they could have stopped it". I don't know how many of these have to happen before people come to their senses.

Also the guy doing the shooting was apparently ex-military, so that really puts a complex spin on things that I think alot of people wanted to avoid.

I'm not so sure it's because they were sikh, I'm sure that wasn't the case for me.

Prayers to all. :please:

What the hell is wrong with people these days?
That is a rehtoricall question.
7 dead, including shooter, after massacre at Sikh temple in Oak Creek - TODAY'S TMJ4

Nothing shocks me any more.
Prayers to the families and friends of those who lost their lives today.

God speed to the officer shot while responding

7 dead, including shooter, after massacre at Sikh temple in Oak Creek - TODAY'S TMJ4

It's really sad, but with a polulation of 300 million plus and the media looking for news to report, statistics are against us. There are much worse things happening in other under developed countries, more people dying, we just don't hear about it.

It's really sad, but with a polulation of 300 million plus and the media looking for news to report, statistics are against us. There are much worse things happening in other under developed countries, more people dying, we just don't hear about it.

There are unbelievable atrocities being committed all around the globe, every second of every single day. If you read about it as much as I do, you really do question all of humanity...greed and hate breed a lot of heartbreak...

And to address what Kitchener alluded to - I think society is being desensitized daily. Having just had the Aurora shootings splashed all over the media and here, most are likely just thinking "oh great, another one"...it's sad, but it's human nature. How often do most stop and read/think about a missing child anymore? Sure, there are huge cases like the Casey Anthonys of the world bring to the forefront, but for every Caylee there are thousands upon thousands of kids that meet even worse fates than death, and you don't see the media talking about it...

Whatever catches someone's eye, that's what gets splashed across the front page and TV screens for us to consume...

Lurch started the thread at 9:45pm night before and you post at 8am asking why this thread isn't full yet?
We don't all sit around waiting all night for tragedies to happen so we can post about them.

Rip to all who passed and prayers made for those affected. I heard the cop went thru three surgeries and is recovering.

I wish there was a way to stop people from doing things like this. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and survivors...

At least this time the police were nearby, and put the PoS down permanently...

Back