6lbs just not enough

Cncbusa

Registered
So i finished my bike and as usual it wasnt enough. It made 251 on 6lbs. I then bumped the boost to 9lbs, didnt put it back on the dyno but obviously was making more power. Let me back up and say im running a 03 with an fmu. Tuned using pc3 and ecu edit. At 9lbs it got slower probably cause my clutch was slipping (stock). Then i had my first gear start to jump out. Sooo... needing to pull the trans to be under cut i figured may as well build the motor. I got the trans undercut. And bought wossner pistons, wossner rods, .08 spacer, removed counter balancer, balanced assembly, blackbird injectors, keeping begi fmu for now and welding up my own water to air intercooler. Ill post my numbers when its back on the dyno. All be using a multi stage or a boost comp clutch. Any suggestions or comments please feel free to make them known. Thanks to all those who have posted all the info ive needed to get to this stage!!!

Yes, with hd springs and slave support. Not ideal, just hadnt decided what i wanted to use instead. Will be making a choice soon for the new motor. I like the boost comp idea but dont know how that will play into wanting a little track time.

Couple pics, probably should take better ones. Just not into pics and social media.

20190529_165028.jpg

20190505_113503.jpg

20190503_200725.jpg

So you were running 6 and 9lbs with stock clutch?? Hmmm
maybe hes got some stiff springs in it..... I was thinkin the same as u though
Yes, with hd springs and slave support. Not ideal, just hadnt decided what i wanted to use instead. Will be making a choice soon for the new motor. I like the boost comp idea but dont know how that will play into wanting a little track time.
boost clutches /nlr clutches are pricey... and for 9 pounds of boost.. can u even use an ams2k with a FMU?>

Im going to max the fuel on the blackbird inj with fmu and if that isnt enough fueltech with secondaries. Motor will be done in a couple weeks, then i have to get it back in to build the intercooler. So it will be a while before we see the result. Im shooting for 400ish

Im going to max the fuel on the blackbird inj with fmu and if that isnt enough fueltech with secondaries. Motor will be done in a couple weeks, then i have to get it back in to build the intercooler. So it will be a while before we see the result. Im shooting for 400ish
soooo.. ure gonna push 20 pounds of boost through ure intercooler?

Yes. Going to make a water to air intake, and cut a radiator to cool the water. Is there a potential problem with that other then my welds? I know guys are running a lot more then 20lbs on the same set up
20 pounds on pump gas 400hp..... many of Richards bikes exceed 600hp with the intercooler... but ALOT of engineering and testing went into his plenum.……....

Back