6lbs just not enough

Im going to max the fuel on the blackbird inj with fmu and if that isnt enough fueltech with secondaries. Motor will be done in a couple weeks, then i have to get it back in to build the intercooler. So it will be a while before we see the result. Im shooting for 400ish
Blackbird injectors won't be able to support 400....that'll be your choke point.

My tuner wanted to use the blackbird injectors. The calculation i came up with put me at 850cc injectors which obbiously arent bbird. I will cross that bridge when i get there. As far as multi boost levels, im planning on just running it on wastgate spring pressure at what ever max boost on 93 pump i can tune it for. No multi maps or levels. If my intercooler can keep the knock down then shouldnt be a problem.

He worked for Jhonny turbo for 10 yrs along with having mulitple 500+ turbo busa bikes at any time in the shop im confident he can make it work. Maybe i didnt make it clear enough of my goals... idk. I spoke to injector dynamics and they claim the larger 1050x flows as low as their smaller injectors so im going with that. My bike is a street bike, he probably assumed i wasnt going to run 20+ psi.

He worked for Jhonny turbo for 10 yrs along with having mulitple 500+ turbo busa bikes at any time in the shop im confident he can make it work. Maybe i didnt make it clear enough of my goals... idk. I spoke to injector dynamics and they claim the larger 1050x flows as low as their smaller injectors so im going with that. My bike is a street bike, he probably assumed i wasnt going to run 20+ psi.
pump gas? are u familiar with the moko build?

Fmu’s don’t like multiple boost levels. Nor do they like high boost. At 8psi you already need to be around 90psi of fuel pressure.

A fuel tech is huge money. If you want to go stand alone look in to the maxx sport ecu and just run 4 large injectors. Or if you want to do secondaries you could run a maxx mini.
Ft450 is the same money and its all the gauges in one unit. Fueltech has them all beat imo. I know a few guys running them and have no complaints. It also allows for on the fly tuning, while being a data logger, boost controller and all the normal gauges.

Fuel tech will still require an external controller for an O2 sensor and an external Map sensor. Maxx has both included.

Fuel tech is OK if you don't really want to do anything advanced. I don't think I would use their ignitor, I've seen 2 of them have issues while they were being tuned.

John
I dont know what model your speaking of but for the ft450 and up thats just not true.

I dont know what model your speaking of but for the ft450 and up thats just not true.
Which part is "not true"? Have Fuel tech added internal wide band control? Have they revised their external igniter?

As far as I know, Fuel tech still require an external wide band and while it may be coincidence, 2 failures of an igniter on 2 different applications is fairly high as compared to the others that we have had.

As far as my comment towards not having "advanced" features, I am referring to compound inputs, internally definable "local" variables/tables, more than 2 axis on tables, generic CAN inputs used for control, etc.

I don't have any agenda against the units, unlike most, I have used many different ecu systems. None of them have everything, all have their faults and strengths.

John

Which part is "not true"? Have Fuel tech added internal wide band control? Have they revised their external igniter?

As far as I know, Fuel tech still require an external wide band and while it may be coincidence, 2 failures of an igniter on 2 different applications is fairly high as compared to the others that we have had.

As far as my comment towards not having "advanced" features, I am referring to compound inputs, internally definable "local" variables/tables, more than 2 axis on tables, generic CAN inputs used for control, etc.

I don't have any agenda against the units, unlike most, I have used many different ecu systems. None of them have everything, all have their faults and strengths.

John
I take back what i said. You are correct. I spoke to the fueltech guy today.

John
I stand corrected. I was wrong, i spoke with them today. They need a wideband controller and igntion

John
hey man….. post up that six second time slip for us to see again? that is impressive.

John
Hi sportbikeryder. Have you looked in to MAXX standalone ECUs?

Back