6D ATS-1

Just looked at it from Revzilla. $749 for a helmet that weighs more than my AGV and from what I've read could also be louder than my AGV simply because of the air channeling. I'll pass.

Just looked at it from Revzilla. $749 for a helmet that weighs more than my AGV and from what I've read could also be louder than my AGV simply because of the air channeling. I'll pass.
Hi. If you are looking for a great helmet look into the Simpson line. They have a motorcycle line and racing car line. They have 8 carbon fiber helmets The DEVIL RAY is only 2.9 lbs.and it is FIA andSNELL approved. They have theEV1,VUDO, BANDIT, DIAMONBACK and VENATOR These are in the race car line, they can be used for bike racing. The motorcycle line are the OUTLAW BANDIT.

Hi. If you are looking for a great helmet look into the Simpson line. They have a motorcycle line and racing car line. They have 8 carbon fiber helmets The DEVIL RAY is only 2.9 lbs.and it is FIA andSNELL approved. They have theEV1,VUDO, BANDIT, DIAMONBACK and VENATOR These are in the race car line, they can be used for bike racing. The motorcycle line are the OUTLAW BANDIT.

I love my AGV K3. Weighs 3.2 lbs and has an internal visor. Probably wont buy another brand.

I was looking at this one due to the new technology inside and the isolation of the brain from the damage caused by the sudden stop.

Most brain damage in an accident is caused by a sudden shift of the brain hitting the walls of the cranial vault. In some cases, separation of the spinal cord due to movement occurs which is part of an internal decapatation injury.

Not trying to steer you in a different direction but I've seen enough and know enough medical information to inform you.

Strictly two cents though.

"Cranial vault" . . . so now the skull is a "vault", that's awesome, I never knew that.
Makes sense I guess coz the cranium houses something precious to human survival, the Brain. Therefore to refer to the cranium as a vault sounds good. I guess. Layman.

So, I've had a few minutes to read up on it. The technology is a first of it's kind so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon with a purchase like this. The only testing they have done was in lab simulations. Lab simulations are highly predictable circumstances that result in desired outcomes. Basically, this helmet is two in one. You have the inner shell separated by "suspension" from the outer carbon fiber shell. This creates a space for undesired shifting in the event of a high speed impact. Although unlikely, the "two helmets" could come apart when you really dont want it to.

Real accidents are extremely unpredictable in regards to injury. More than likely, you will receive a concussion one way or another. This is due to the shifting of the brain inside the skull. Not to say this helmet may or may not reduce the significance of the concussion but it's not a thing that any helmet can eliminate all together.

To look at it from a broader perspective, most motorcycle injuries and deaths are caused by cervical displacement. A C1 and C2 fracture is 90% fatal. This is because the brain stem passes through them. The brain stem controls many of our functions, including heart rate and breathing. When an injury occurs to this, it is not repairable which is why it's often fatal. C1 and C2 fractures are often caused by an axial loading injury which is caused by a downward motion to the head. Dive accidents and motorcycle accidents account for a large statistical number of axial loading injuries.

In my medical opinion, I can see this technology going places and will likely help eliminate injuries so I wouldn't exactly disregard this helmet. However, you may see more benefit during track use combined with a Hans device of sorts. I wouldn't be opposed to trying this helmet. As for the weight, considering the tech involved in building this helmet, the weight isnt too bad. In short, I dont yet see this helmet preventing much; although, I'd love to be shown differently.

I have a ten dollar head.... but im still looking for that 10 dollar helmet. expensive helmets remind me of the rule changes in boxing where they went to bigger 12 oz gloves in certain weight classes to minimize ring death and cerebral hemorrhaging.(with the idea that more padding and less hand speed equals safer fights)... guess what? guys are still dying at about the same rate... a nasty hit is a nasty hit... although I must point out that some people think that im completely out of my mind to start with... certifiable.... I dunno… crazy people never think that THEY are crazy... lol.. im sometimes perplexed myself.

Last edited:
Back