628 mph Hayabusas

Draco1340

Registered
Well, Kind of...:laugh: Loring Speed Trials were a blast this weekend. A teaser GenII photo. I will try to post videos, etc on the LSR link later.

Thats "Bullet" Bob Sellers from Texas who ran 209 mph or so this weekend next to Bill Hosler (205 mph?) from Florida. My bike is on the right. Bill drove 3 million miles from Orange County CA, and ended up taking a wrong turn into Canada (seriously) without a passport, and was held up for a while by our friendly US customs officers. Ask him about the body cavity search. Bob had a bad tipover on saturday which busted his footpeg, lever, windshield and bodywork. BUT, he was cool as ice, and scrounged up parts and ended up hotlapping the beast 200+ all Sunday afternoon. Two other GenII busa's not pictured (one driven in with girlfriend and luggage on back from NJ) both broke 200+. Good times.

Loring0809B.JPG

owe my eyes my eyes, to much orange and black...:laugh:

:thumbsup:

WHAT??? :cookoo::corner:
How in the world did you ever get three of the FASTEST COLOR BUSA'S ever produced together for one Picture? :laugh: Very Nice Draco....look for ward to hearing more details. :thumbsup:
BTW, did Commuta end up making it with his Time machine?

Hey, Draco just to clarify, it was my wife(pit crew:laugh:) with me.My first pass was a 202.47,then a 205+ pass- not recorded,timing lights issue:moon:.The 3rd run was a 206.47 and the 4th also 206.45 :cheerleader:
Stock 08 with brocks ct series exhaust and supplied map.Double bubble windscreen,stock ride height(actually taller with 190/55 rear) and partial stock underbelly,license plate mount.
Round trip was 1810 (s)miles:laugh:We had a blast.:beerchug:
The event was AAA+,the participants and hosts are the most gracious,friendly and knowledgable people I have ever had the pleasure of being around. The locals were awesome:thumbsup,a great experience with new friendships formed.
Hope it becomes an annual event.:bowdown:

Hey, Draco just to clarify, it was my wife(pit crew:laugh:) with me.My first pass was a 202.47,then a 205+ pass- not recorded,timing lights issue:moon:.The 3rd run was a 206.47 and the 4th also 206.45 :cheerleader:
Stock 08 with brocks ct series exhaust and supplied map.Double bubble windscreen,stock ride height(actually taller with 190/55 rear) and partial stock underbelly,license plate mount.
The event was AAA+,the participants and hosts are the most gracious,friendly and knowledgable people I have ever had the pleasure of being around. The locals were awesome:thumbsup,a great experience with new friendships formed.
WOW! 206+ with just an exhaust and an off the shelf map? :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good time all around. :beerchug:

what method did you guys use to get past the speed limiter? great runs:thumbsup:

I believe all of us were running a modified gear position sensor 1-2-3-4-5-5. I believe my GenII was the only bike flashed to a higher RPM of 11,700. Flashing the ECU is the better way to de-restrict your bike.

I meet "Bullet" Bob and Bill at the Texas mile, Bill watched my bike for me at night while we where gone to the hotel very nice people.:thumbsup:

Congrats Walt that is awesome:thumbsup:

Thanks Shane,now I know what an experience it is! Give me a call and I will give you the low down on the exhaust and the event in general.:beerchug:

Back