60ft. time and throttle.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
What is considered to be a good time for the 60ft. mark and should the throttle be pinned before, at, or just after the 60ft. mark?

Busa just has PC, Pipe, and is still at stock height. Rider is 155-165lbs.

i would say that most people shoot for 1.5 or lower for 60 ft,
a usually run 1.3-1.4 but i launch at around 8k and at full throttle just about instantly, bikes 6" over and lowered so i dont wheelie very much

At stock height you won't be anywhere close to drews times...

YOu should shoot for 1.7 if you are lucky but most people are in the 1.8-1.9 range all stock. If you lower the bike with links and strap, you should be in the 1.5-1.6 range.

They will only get quicker if you stretch it, stickey tire or maybe a gear change until you add some power with those mods....

You should try to pin the throttle as soon as possible but at stock height again, it will be tuff. But WFO should be as close to the 60' mark as possible....
lurk.gif

OK MINE WAS LOWERED PIPED PC AND I WEIGH ABOUT 230 AND I WAS HITTING 1.6 10TH PASS ON THE BUSA

SO YOUR GETTIN THERE

Higher launch RPMs really helped me. Was a little apprehensive at first and was pussy footin out at 4000 or so. 60" times were as stated about 1.8 / 1.9......Brought it up to 8K and worked the clutch and times dropped to 1.6 /1.7.... and actually the 8K launch made it easier to ride the bike and get out of the hole.

147 @ 9.81

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 12 2006,14:19) AND THE THROTTLE  SHOULD BE WIDE OPEN
At what point? Before, at, or just after the 60ft. mark is what I was trying to find out.

(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,14:26)
At what point? Before, at, or just after the 60ft. mark is what I was trying to find out.
As soon as possible. You won't even notice the 60' lights anyway. Just focus on getting it wfo as quick as you can without flipping the bike......

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 12 2006,15:36)
(Spigga @ Oct. 12 2006,14:26)
As soon as possible. You won't even notice the 60' lights anyway. Just focus on getting it wfo as quick as you can without flipping the bike......
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

You can try to get the RPM's up has high as you want but you will eventually go slower overall and want to focus on the 330' times once the 60' comes down. You may get out of the hole quicker but you will actually be going slower down the track.

I usually launch around 3,000 and slip the clutch until having it fully released around 6,000 or a tad higher by the 60' mark!
beerchug.gif

Your seeing comment about wide open throttle but...if you don't work the clutch...the bike will hook immediatly and your either going for a nice spin sideways or it will wheelie. I've seen a guy dump the clutch at high RPM ......it looped so hard and fast the tail cowl never even touched the ground as it came around......Busa landed on the tank and bars. So start out sloooow and progress up.

smile.gif

(McyMike @ Oct. 13 2006,07:08) Your seeing comment about wide open throttle but...if you don't work the clutch...the bike will hook immediatly and your either going for a nice spin sideways or it will wheelie.   I've seen a guy dump the clutch at high RPM ......it looped so hard and fast the tail cowl never even touched the  ground as it came around......Busa landed on the tank and bars.   So start out sloooow and progress up.    

smile.gif
Why you gotta bring Sam into it? LOL
jump9.gif

I hope a guy would have enough riding experience and common sense to know not to just throw the clutch at WFO.......

Yeah, mentioned it because of what Sam did ....stickey track can get ya.... I still laugh when I watch the video.....I know he had his Busa up for sale......haven't heard much from him since he bought the new Lightening truck.

(McyMike @ Oct. 16 2006,07:30) Yeah, mentioned it because of what Sam did   ....stickey track can get ya....  I still laugh when I watch the video.....I know he had his Busa up for sale......haven't  heard much from him since he bought the new Lightening truck.
I was wondering what he was gonna race......
His bike is listed for sale on here, I dunno if he's gotten rid of it yet.

(McyMike @ Oct. 12 2006,07:15) Higher launch RPMs really helped me.  Was a little apprehensive at first and was pussy footin out at 4000 or so.  60" times were as stated about  1.8 / 1.9......Brought it up to 8K and worked the clutch and times dropped to 1.6 /1.7.... and actually the 8K launch made it easier to ride the bike and get out of the hole.

147 @ 9.81
That is ALOT of MPH....

"That is ALOT of MPH...."

yep - Twas with a help of a little "spray" in 3rd and 4th.

normal is 9.8 / 9.9 @ low 140's

Back