6000rpm rev limiter?????

Glad you got it fixed. I've also read on here where having the idle set too low will cause the electronic limiter to drop like this.

all that rust is from fuel with ethanol(corrosive)....im in GA and some stations around here sell "marine fuel" which is nothing but fuel with no ethanol plus you get better MPG and the bike runs smoother all around

Sorry, missed the thread earlier.
Had the same problem and had to end up replacing the entire fuel pump. Ran good after replacement.

you could always snag a walbro in tank replacement. they've got a drop in iirc

you could always snag a walbro in tank replacement. they've got a drop in iirc

If its a direct swap I would be interested in it. I dont want anything I have to modify that might slightly reduce the reliabilty of my bike.

Thanks for mentioning it i will look

Took my bike to the shop and the mech. showed me how you adjust the limiter from anywhere between 4000-11000. The manual tell you how to do this also. You can adjust a lot of things from the dash of the bike. Just read the manual.

Back in the fall, i put new plugs in the busa, wired a plug for my gps and took an overnighter and 750 miles. We stopped in Ga and bought gas at a circle K and rode some curves and the found a nice straightaway after about 30 miles since fueling.

I nailed in the straight away and everytime since, the bike will cut out around 6-7k rpms. I took the gps and assy plug off, then took the plugs out and regapped them, checked the battery cables, and charged the battery up fully(less than 2yrs old). Then I unplugged the tre and nothing changes.

I added fuel treatment and seafoam, nothing. I drained the tank and refilled last weekend and nothing changed.

I reinstalled the old plugs today and took it out, 6-7k and she falls on it face.

I am thinking of checking the fuel filter next, any pointers?

Also, Mcmustang followed me on a ride in the Fall and said she smelled rich. (i wondered why he was crying)

Thanks,
Doug
My 2008 hayabusa is doing the same thing I haven’t figured it out yet I changed the plugs coils air filter fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and fuel strainer and it still does the same thing I ordered new injectors so that’s next

Back