600 mile service

fudge

Registered
Yo Yo

Well I finally got my 600 mile break in done. "Really 780" Now my question is does the deal really have to do this service? I see in the manual there is only a oil and filter change to be done and some inspection. My dealer wants 200ones to do this service. What you you think?  
sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

Yo Yo

Well I finally got my 600 mile break in done. "Really 780" Now my question is does the deal really have to do this service? I see in the manual there is only a oil and filter change to be done and some inspection. My dealer wants 200ones to do this service. What you you think?  
sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif
Now my question is does the deal really have to do this service? I see in the manual there is only a oil and filter change to be done and some inspection.
rock.gif
deadhorse.gif

+ scratches,+ they will run the Pa jesus out of it, + missing or not tightened properly fastners + + + etc! save the $$ and buy the filter wrench and maybe not yet but in a few more miles go to syn oil.

sadnews.gif

sadnews.gif

SCREW THEM THEY WANTED OVER 400 FOR THE SERVICE, CHANGE YOUR OIL LUB YOUR CHAIN AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SNUG.... JUST LOOK UP ALL THE HORROR STORIES OF TRYING TO GET THEM TO COVER ANY WARRANTY

DIY   save receipts
I also keep a record in a notebook. Date,service preformed etc.

When I bought the FJR the first thing I did was read the owners manual. It states in there you can preform your own work.(ordered a service manual also)

Funny, but they broke my glove box door because they could not figure out how to open it. I told them to turn the key to "on". Cost them $75.00 for a new glove box. (check picture, yamaha did not cover this one)

The dealer has not touched it since. I might add that the whole service department has new faces. Yamaha probably did not like the feedback form I gave this service department.  
winkold.gif

r8

108_0885.JPG

IWhen I bought my Busa new in aug. of 06 my dealer told me that if I didn't have a certified Suzuki mechanic do my work that My waranty would be void !! People here, and at SH.org told me that was B.S.

Which is pretty funny, because does Suzuki ever fix anything under waranty ? "THAT'S FROM RIDER ERROR" !!
argue.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

i've done all my service myself except valve adj.
mines got 43k (o5 model)
only prob has been front brake light switch
cool.gif

I just picked my second 'busa (4th bike in 6 years) from my favorite dealer. At delivery time, he tells me about the 600 mile check up--then says, "But you're free to do it yourself--I would!! Can't beat that. He's just so honest--that's why I buy everything from him!

Same Here I have been a sucker taking her in 4 times in a row all the way up to the 600 miles maint. Trust me you can do this yourself and and save the money.. I wish I had but I did learn for that... I wasted 850.. for them to joy ride the heck out of it and leave the crush ring out of the oil plug when they change the oil... never again..
I have figure out (thanks to the board) how to inspect and lube the chain and how to change oil on my own.. make sure you have a big roll of aluminum foil to cover the header or it will somke for awhile until the header burns it up...

Well double check the bolts on your hand controls and mirrors.

Dealers here are hiring absolute liars for salespeople. Girlfriend inquired about what the setup fee paid for...salesman told her the bike came unassmebled and they had to build the motor and bike ground up. I told him he was a liar right there and said that my other 8 busas that came from that dealership (4 of which I bought IN THE CRATE) required mirrors, windshield and gas and they NEVET tried to charge me the b/s setup fee before. I will order any new bike directly from Canada from now on.

My bike has never been back to the dealership since delivery, and don't plan on letting anyone other than myself work on it . Had the dealer change tires for me the first time, and they scratched the heck out of the weels. No way are they going to get a crack at the whole bike!

Back