600 mile service ???

OB_sjbusa

Registered
Out of 3 dealers in my area only 1 could give a hint regarding what's actually done for $180 - $200. Srvc manager claimed:

1. Chain adjustment

2. Oil & filter change

3. TPS & Throttle body synch - claimed it will eliminate the surging I have btw 1-2k rpm.

4. Check all bolts & fastners.

5. Inspect spark plugs - replace if needed.

Any of you have this service done?
Is it even necessary? I personally changed my own oil at 700miles.

If you had the service done how much did it cost & what was done?

IMOP I believe a new bike should be 100%, I shouldn't have to line my dealers pocket for an inspection at 600 miles when I've just paid 10k.

I paid $120 for the 500 mile inspection at 720 miles. Originally was $155 but my mechanic told me my throttle bodies were all in sync so he didn't have to spend time adjusting them--thus he knocked of $45 for less labor. This was done at the dealer I bought the bike from.

It's true that you can do this service yourself if you have the tools and know what you're doing(mainly regarding the throttle body sync). But to avoid voiding the warranty, I think you will need to have a receipt of this being performed by a "professional" Suzuki mechanic just in case it becomes an issue.

RIP OFF. THEY CHANGED MY DAMN OIL FOR $147. NEVER AGAIN. Got wrenches? Check your own fasteners, like it's rocket scientology, right?

"soaking wet and pissed off"

I might be all alone on this one.I told my dealer when I bought the busa put it together (it was still in the box) And I'll test ride it.If I see a mile on the odometer you can keep the bike! I only go to pro-tuners to get my work done.That was the only time my bike was at the dealer.I'm sure there are good dealers/shops out there I just have'nt found one.
P.S. I'm not big on waranties either,my bike was on the dyno at 600 miles,If it blows I put it back together.3500miles so far bike has'nt missed a beat. thanks supertuner.

If anyone knows of a good Hayabusa tuner in Michigan I would appreciate any information. I was very dissapointed in my 600 service. Bike was dirty, fasteners were loose. My seat was not hooked under the loops I discovered after I got home. I can see that type of garbage with a slow R1 but not a Hayabusa. Any leads appreciated!
Lee

I paid $238. Iwas surprised. My Blackbird 600 miler earlier this year was only $125. They claim it's the most important check and that they go through everything. Hrumph.

GEEZ JAY, DID YOU PAY OVER STICKER PRICE WHEN YOU BOUGHT YOUR BIKE? OR WAS IT THE TRAIL OF MONEY ON THE GROUND YOU LEFT? $238.00 AHHH... DON'T FEEL BAD THEY GOT ME TOO!

Hey Jay, I just checked your profile to see where you live, what the f*uck your a SLAVE, and you like "interRECTUal things" tell us your a bad speller?

Ok I said it before we need to go up on our services.
Our 600 mile is 50.00 plus oil and filter
another 50.00 if you want tps and throttle bodies done (not required unless you live in CA.)
NOW I know why I can't afford another bike.

Oh well, I was hoping someone had an actual list of what was suppose to be done.

JohnnyCheese: Your price sounds the most reasonable IMOP. Why a dealer would charge $238 is beyond me.

On a side note I picked my bike up in another state(300 miles) to get it off the trailer and discover the main center bolt for the handlebars was never installed.

LEE MI: I too am interested in locating a quality shop in MI. The dealers in my area are notorious for padding stuff out the door and charging full price in addition to having too many bikes to service.

NUMB NUTS: The main bolt that's screwed onto the handlebars(bottom). Everyone looked at it and shook there head - no thread marks or indentions in the paint.

To be honest a fellow rider was looking at the instrument panel and discovered it. I honestly felt like an idiot for not catching it myself.

A friend of mine brought
his bike to dealer 140.00
and they over filled oil way
over sight glass. 3/4 qaurt
too much oil and when he picked
bike up little oil spot under bike
he was thinking it was from another
bike not his new busa. the next day
in his garage small puddle of oil under
bike, drain plug very loose,also fairing
screws all about to fall out.
Hope you guys get a good mechanic.

IF YOU LIVE IN SILICON VALLEY YOU'LL KNOW WHY THE PRICES ARE HIGH,I MEAN NORMAL,I MEAN WHAT DO I MEAN...OH I FORGOT...DOESN'T EVERYONE PAY THE SAME?.... EVERYTHING HERE'S EXPENSIVE!!! EVERYTHING..EVERYBODY WHO LIVES OUTSIDE THIS PALACE OF DOT.COM MONEY, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!!

Went to a local dealer yesterday - shop manager took the bolt off of a wrecked Busa and put it on(no charge) - stated it wasn't even worth all the paper work.

Manager also felt I had adjusted my chain too tight - out comes the tool but I couldn't get the right side to line up. On the right side the reference marks aren't in alignment.

Read and reread my "Owners Manual" ordered the Factory Service Manual, bought 10/40 Oil recomended by the dealer along with original Suzuki Filter, purchased wrench to save time, saved receipts, took digital stills of odometer reading along with faring strip oil drain etc. Incorporated it with a written service log, performed all checks of necessary bolts etc, (listed in owners 600 mi check off list). Now no scratches on my body parts, a healthier wallet, personal satisfaction I got the 3.5 qts right, and I'd really like to see somebody (Suzuki) not honor a warranty problem. Plan to change oil again at 1200-1500 miles and go to Mob.1 MX4T in fact my service schedule is a lot more frequent than the manufacturer calls for, my.02's

Back