600 mile service

OB_fshaia

Registered
I think it says that as long as you have suzuki approved tools (for the TPS etc)or =
that you or an independent wrench can do
most of the things. I'll have to read it real close. I've always done most of the
work on my bikes. But have never had to use
the warranty.

I'm told they balance the throttles, oil & filter, fluid levels, TPS and idle are set.

They don't adjust valve lash until 1500 mile service.

I've been quoted $100 to do the 600 mile service.

Actually, I believe that the valves are good to an unbelievable 16,000 miles. According to the manual. Anyone have a different answer?? Mine just had a chain tighten and since I had already done oil & filter change, a whopping grand total of $26.95.
I love my dealership they are the best!!
:)

My shop said that they have found that they do not need to balance the throttles & do the TPS and idle till about 2000 mile.. that was when I started noticing that they did need it.. But not till then..

But all the rest you do need to do... :)

Look into it! I don't believe you have to take the bike to the dealer for service in order to keep the warranty intact! I believe it's like the "factory oil" scare! Use the factory oil or void your warranty! bahh..

Most service intervals are pretty basic, anyone can do it if they take their time and read thier manual thoughourly.

I am not going to pay my dealer huge amounts of cash to do what I can do! When I can spend the cash on other exciting goodies!

What do they do for the 600 mile service ?
looks like a oil and filter change to me.
I am not paying $200 for that. Let me know
what they did to yours. Thanks

Back