600 mile service today!

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Enjoyed riding the Busa to/from Titusville for my 600 mile service today. Bike runs like a champ now, and had a couple niggling issues fixed.

Why is it that everyone thinks that just because you're on a bike, you want to race. Geez... Every Lexus, 350 Chevy pickup, and other idiot wanted to pick fights today. Easily handled, but still...

Best of all was the guy driving the Ford van who insisted on following too closely till the first short stoplight. Turned around and gave him a piece of my mind at the red light. :banghead:

SOME K9's were known to have some Rectifier issues. 600ml/1000km service is by the book and MUST be done. Thereafter every 6000km etc etc.

i dont trust stealerships, i just changed my oil and filter last night at 600 miles so i could go riding this morning. what were the issues they fixed?

i dont trust stealerships, i just changed my oil and filter last night at 600 miles so i could go riding this morning. what were the issues they fixed?

Good point. They are supposed to go by the book and check all manner of things such as nuts& bolts & chain tensions, etc etc all stated in the owner's manual. However, quite often these "services" are wide off the mark and you end up paying for it, maybe twice over, to get it done right.
Theoretically, the 600ml service is vital for the oil-change, where often, bits of metal get flushed out.
The trouble with dealerships is that they pay a 14 y.o. to do it and charge you the full professional rate which from all accounts is standard operating procedure.

Enjoyed riding the Busa to/from Titusville for my 600 mile service today. Bike runs like a champ now, and had a couple niggling issues fixed.

Why is it that everyone thinks that just because you're on a bike, you want to race. Geez... Every Lexus, 350 Chevy pickup, and other idiot wanted to pick fights today. Easily handled, but still...

Best of all was the guy driving the Ford van who insisted on following too closely till the first short stoplight. Turned around and gave him a piece of my mind at the red light. :banghead:

I know what u mean. They think they have a chance... :lol:

Back