600 Mile Service Suggestions

Hipgnosis

Registered
Greetings All!

I'm preparing to do the 600 mile service on my bike this weekend as per the owners manual (yes, it's taken a week to put the miles on, but I had to *work* damn it
mad.gif
)

Two questions regarding this service :

1 : Is there anything in particular I should pay close attention too when doing the service?

2 : At this stage in the bikes life, what oil is currently in favor for use? I live in Southern California, and the bike is being ridden in 100+ temperatures, but I'm thinking a synthetic 10W40 will cover it. Any thoughts, or brand suggestions?

Incidentally, this board was the greatest find I've made apart from the Busa. Thanks in advance for any input!

Bill

Hmm, took it to the shop, just for warranty purpose. Check all the bolts you can get to an any thing in the manual that says "I"

Any help....
firedevil.gif

aT 600 MILES JUST CHECK everything for tighness and tollereances.

If you've got the cashola be sure to get your throttlebodies synchronized.

I had mine done at around 1000 miles (late on the 600 mile service). It had by far the bigest impact on performance. Bike ran WAY better after that.

Also, if you can get them to set your idle speed at 1200-1300 instead of the 1150, you'll find it to come off the line much more smoothly.

Make sure they set your fast idle to 3000 RPM (hot) that is the manual spec.

I am very fortunate to have a dealer that really knows what they are doing. Look in your owners manual and BE SURE they do everything stated in the manual.

Also, be sure to use regular oil this change. Wait for 5-6k miles before switching to synthetic if so inclined. That will insure a good break-in for the motor.

johncal

Welcome to the board. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I did mine.

I did not get Sync tool yet. I had the dealer do it the first time. The sync job is supposed to be included in the 600 mile check up. Make sure they do it. If they won't, find a dealer that will. Tell the other dealer yours won't. The new guy will do it just to get your business.

You can get an "official" vacuum balance from the dealer (special service tool #09913-13121) or get a generic one from the web. If you've got a good dealer you can get a good price on the real deal.

Johncal

I did not get Sync tool yet. I had the dealer do it the first time. The sync job is supposed to be included in the 600 mile check up. Make sure they do it. If they won't, find a dealer that will. Tell the other dealer yours won't. The new guy will do it just to get your business.

You can get an "official" vacuum balance from the dealer (special service tool #09913-13121) or get a generic one from the web. If you've got a good dealer you can get a good price on the real deal.

Johncal

Johncal

If you do the service around 1000 miles instead its more likely to stay synced. Also its gives your suspension more time to settle in fully.

Back