600 Mile Service Rip

900Z1

Registered
I took my Busa in for the 600 mile service. First time I have ever taken a Motorcycle to dealer for a Service. The only reason I took it in was the talk of if something broke close to warranty end, Suzuki may deny warranty service.
The only thing they did was Oil and filter change, cleaned air filter.Thats it...I ask service guy what he used to clean chain, he said the chain looked good so he didn't clean or lube.
I told him $128.00 for an oil change was a ripoff. Also told him the next time just fax me the service sheet and I'll give him $50.00 and do the service myself.
So I came home lubed chain, adjusted Idle and cleaned bike.

or get the service manual here and do it yourself for free. Instead of paying those guys for nothing.  I have heard that some dealers tell you they changed the filter etc when they do nothing.

lurk.gif
sad.gif

(900Z1 @ Jun. 14 2007,18:14) I took my Busa in for the 600 mile service. First time I have ever taken a Motorcycle to dealer for a Service. The only reason I took it in was the talk of if something broke close to  warranty end, Suzuki may deny warranty service.
The only thing they did was Oil and filter change, cleaned air filter.Thats it...I ask service guy what he used to clean chain, he said the chain looked good so he didn't clean or lube.
I told him $128.00 for an oil change was a ripoff. Also told him the next time just fax me the service sheet and I'll give him $50.00 and do the service myself.
So I came home lubed chain, adjusted Idle and cleaned bike.
I hear ya.. If someone is going to take a fairing off my bike and scratch the hell out of it doing an oil change, than that someone sure as hell is going to be me..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(bradsbusa @ Jun. 16 2007,05:13)
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
 no one will take  a wrench to mine period ... unless his name is on the title.. piss on the warranty
I agree with you 100 percent, EXCEPT..doing your own work WILL NOT void your warranty! Keep your oil/filter receipts, etc.. If your dealer tries to brow beat you into believing this, you deserve to be ripped off! Contact Suzuki and ask them if you don't believe me!

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Well I have found in the past few weeks that not a single shop around here (4) can do work worth a darn. My suzuki dealership just gave me my bike back with teh fairing not put on all teh way, the rubber stripping missing and told me they didnt touch my fairings....well it sure as heck wasnt me. So needless to say they are replacing the edge and not getting any more business from me. They also cant find the problem with my bike....along with the other shops...grrrr Time to start learning everything mechanical on my own.

It's far more satisfying to do the work yourself and per MY dealer in Lumberton, NC, the warrantly will NOT be voided if you keep your receipts, good record of what you did and at how many miles, etc...major mods, like a turbo or other engine work will void the warranty...

It's a risk I was willing to take and believe me, I got nothing but crap from the local clown dealerships when I did have a need or their help UNDER WARRANTY; I'd rather just be the only one working on the bike over having some idiot with a chip on his shoulder touch Caesar...
rant.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,13:54) It's far more satisfying to do the work yourself and per MY dealer in Lumberton, NC, the warrantly will NOT be voided if you keep your receipts, good record of what you did and at how many miles, etc...major mods, like a turbo or other engine work will void the warranty...

It's a risk I was willing to take and believe me, I got nothing but crap from the local clown dealerships when I did have a need or their help UNDER WARRANTY; I'd rather just be the only one working on the bike over having some idiot with a chip on his shoulder touch Caesar...
rant.gif
We all know that Mike does all that work.
tounge.gif

My dealer told me that after market products that didn't open the engine would be fine with the warranty; say like full exhaust, turbo. However they also told me I could forget trade in with a turbo. pfftt
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 20 2007,13:59) We all know that Mike does all that work.  
tounge.gif
Hey Buttly...
laugh.gif

...not so...Mike did help me get to the plugs and change 'em the first time...I've torn my bike apart plenty of times and don't even tell him what I'm doing anymore LOL I like to install my own bling...
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Working on your own bike is the ONLY way to go. Even if you don't think you know enough ask a friend to help you get started.

1. You'll learn things that may help you or someone else later.
2. You could/will find things that aren't a problem yet but could be.
3. You will most likely be more careful with those fairing sides.
4. Fix it now insteed of wait til who knows when to get it in.

I could go on & on & on. You get the point. Nobody touches the busa but me.

Back