600 mile service price?

$135.00
SHOCKED.gif
$24 if u do it

Do it yourself.

All I did was change oil, filter, lube the chain and check the cables and other fluids. Save yourself a couple of hundred and do it your self.

(BlueHaya @ Apr. 21 2007,21:37) Do it yourself.  

All I did was change oil, filter, lube the chain and check the cables and other fluids.  Save yourself a couple of hundred and do it your self.
then my extended warranty will be voided.

Should not be if you keep the receipts from each service and a log of what you do. I even take pictures of the items I bought for the service and keep them on my computer dated when I did the work.

Everytime you clean the chain, change the oil, change tires, anything keep it in the log.

Double check your warranty, but i doubt that anywhere in there it says a Service Center must perform these services.

They may recommend to be performed by a trained person, but after a few oil changes you will be as trained as they are on them.

Maybe a dealer tech will chime in here also.

warranty voided because you dont take it in to have it serviced?? sounds like the dealer fed you some bs to go along with that warranty...

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 21 2007,20:11) warranty voided because you dont take it in to have it serviced??  sounds like the dealer fed you some bs to go along with that warranty...
Yes, a big steaming pile at that.

Yea, i thought so to. But right on the back of the extended warranty service plan contract it says in black and white; there’s is one thing you have to do to maintain your 4yr extended service plan "bring your bike in to an authorized Suzuki dealer for its normal service intervals"

(///M+Busa @ Apr. 22 2007,07:flamethrowing:) Yea, i thought so to.  But right on the back of the extended warranty service plan contract it says in black and white; there’s is one thing you have to do to maintain your 4yr extended service plan "bring your bike in to an authorized Suzuki dealer for its normal service intervals"
I suggest trying to verify that. If it's true let a dealer do the service. If you can DIY, a good mechanic will be able to tell if it is being maintained properly. My Kawasaki ext. warranty specifies any "authorized dealer" will honor the warranty, but it does not specify they have to perform the recommended service, just that it needs to be maintained properly. Documentation comes into play then.

Sounds like a license to steal. Glad I didn't opt for the SEP plan.

Ps:The dealer fixed my 99 750 after the cam chain broke. It was a recall though. I do ALL the services on all my stuff.

If the back of the warranty says that, it's something the dealer made up on their own and against the law. For it to be legal the maintenance would have to be done for free by them.

Go to page 50 of your owners manual and look at the maintenance chart. Are you seriously going to be dragging your bike into the dealer every 3500 miles and paying them to change the oil and then paying them MORE to INSPECT a bunch of pointless things? Getting to the spark plugs isn't exactly easy on a Busa...what do you think it will cost to have them lift the tank, remove the air box and then pull each plug to "look at it" and then put it all back together? Whether they really do it or not, you'll never know (most likely not). I do guarantee you'll be billed for it though.

Do yourself a favor and print out the Magnuson-Moss Act and show it to the service manager or owner and ask why they feel they are exempt from US law.

Just to add a dissenting voice. (Sorry guys)

I wrench and always have but the 600 mile service I brought my Hayabusa in to get it done. I think I paid roughly $175-200. I don't recall, it was a while ago.

For my own peace of mind I wanted them to give the entire bike a once over and check all bolts, connections, change the oil etc. since it was a new bike. I will do all maintenance after that first one but felt better having them do the first one.

(///M+Busa @ Apr. 21 2007,21:38)
(BlueHaya @ Apr. 21 2007,21:37) Do it yourself.

All I did was change oil, filter, lube the chain and check the cables and other fluids. Save yourself a couple of hundred and do it your self.
then my extended warranty will be voided.
You need to read your warranty. If you can't find a clause requiring you to use a zuki dealer, then ask them straight up about it, and if they maintain it will void warranty then ask that they show you in writting.

My salesman stated it as a requirement. When I returned for the service the owner frowned and told me it wasn't, but that in case anything ever happened I should maintain proof that I serviced the bike according to the manual.

(///M+Busa @ Apr. 22 2007,07:flamethrowing:) Yea, i thought so to. But right on the back of the extended warranty service plan contract it says in black and white; there’s is one thing you have to do to maintain your 4yr extended service plan "bring your bike in to an authorized Suzuki dealer for its normal service intervals"
Sounds like you do
wow.gif

(Spike @ Apr. 22 2007,12:45) Just to add a dissenting voice. (Sorry guys)

I wrench and always have but the 600 mile service I brought my Hayabusa in to get it done. I think I paid roughly $175-200. I don't recall, it was a while ago.

For my own peace of mind I wanted them to give the entire bike a once over and check all bolts, connections, change the oil etc. since it was a new bike. I will do all maintenance after that first one but felt better having them do the first one.
And hopefully they did it
wink.gif

Back