60' Time

Can't hurt to try. You may find that the DA makes a difference by one tooth. What works on a hot, humid day doesn't work on a cool, dry day with good DA.

Just adding to,,,,,, I use 17/43 gearing on my Gen 2, stock wheelbase, Im 240lbs suited.. My 60's right now average 1.65 +/- .03sec. I leave at 3500 to 4000 rpm, I use the 'take off from a traffic light method'. I release the clutch a split second before if feed it throttle,, this has helped me a lot, cause I can get off the clutch sooner and after that I just worry about feeding it throttle. Oh, I also have a Penske shock, brock ct exhaust/map, clutch mod.

Just adding to,,,,,, I use 17/43 gearing on my Gen 2, stock wheelbase, Im 240lbs suited.. My 60's right now average 1.65 +/- .03sec. I leave at 3500 to 4000 rpm, I use the 'take off from a traffic light method'. I release the clutch a split second before if feed it throttle,, this has helped me a lot, cause I can get off the clutch sooner and after that I just worry about feeding it throttle. Oh, I also have a Penske shock, brock ct exhaust/map, clutch mod.
Thanks for the info.

What are you running for a rear tire, and what air pressure works for you?

Ended up with 17/42 working out best for our stock wheelbase bike, seems Rob knows what he,s talking about, this choice of sprockets was a reference from him. Thanks again BCP!!!

I am. I can't tell the difference, but honestly I think I would have to change in the middle of a test session to be able to see a couple hundredths improvement. I'll never know if it hooked when a regular hookup would have spun.

I have heard that the new shinko pro sucks. But I have yet to try one out. Once this tire burned up I will buy one and see if it hooks better on the street and on the track

I have heard that the new shinko pro sucks. But I have yet to try one out. Once this tire burned up I will buy one and see if it hooks better on the street and on the track
well we had a 3 tenths improvement through the 1/4 but after the 3rd trip to the track 16 passes I would say the pro was wasted

What are you running for a rear tire, and what air pressure works for you?
I use to run a shinko 003 stealth,, but that tire was heavy and didn't last long on the street.. I switched to Michelin 2cts and haven't looked back. Perfect tire for street riding, drag racing, and corners (imho).. I start out at 22 psi and if I wheelie I add 2 psi per pass till the wheelies have calmed down,, ( remember air pressure increased the diameter of the tire, there by adding gear). I usually settle in at about 29 psi on hot days and 26 psi on cooler days.. On a really good prepped track,, I can run 32psi all day.. Hope this helps..

heres my best 60s on a unopened 1299 gen 1 stock wheel base same gearing -1 std rear..that was my first 1.4 caught me by surprise.lol.
I was for the next one.

13332786_1398576226826083_5159310267771380747_n.jpg

13557858_1419029984780707_6177227287945163000_n.jpg

Back