6 Months in....

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
Here's a few things I've noticed now 6 months after getting my 05...

1. My bike is stock & 7 years old but I feel like a celebrity whenever I go to the store! :laugh: I get a lot of "nice bike!" comments. Had another rider come up along side of me and gave me a thumbs up. Even had a guy ask if he could take a picture of it.

2. I get nervous when other riders come near me (while riding). I guess I'm still getting used to the beast and need my space. Also it's almost like they want to challenge me or something just because I have a busa. I've had harley guy, sportbike guy and even a guy on a Burgman blow my pegs off! LOL Maybe it's just me but it seems like they were trying to make a point or something.

3. Still can't shift as smoothly as I would like and worry about stalling it at green lights :please:

4. It's CRAZY FUN and I wish I had bought one years ago! :laugh:

"I've had harley guy, sportbike guy and even a guy on a Burgman blow my pegs off! "

:corner:
Remove any "Suzuki Hayabusa Kanji Symbols Now. Your killing us. A scooter :rofl: Your not serious are you?
Be safe take a riders safety course if you havent already..:beerchug:

3. Still can't shift as smoothly as I would like and worry about stalling it at green lights :please:
Adjust your idle to be 1200-1250 rpm with the clutch lever pulled in. Green lights won't bother you then. :laugh:

Don't let anyone temp you to do something you don't want to do. You know how fast it is, that should be enough.

I've had my Busa for about six months now as well.

It's clear that the Busa commands a certain reverence from other bikers and non-bikers alike that have heard about the bike. Once, while waiting for the light to change at a crosswalk, a young couple was walking in the crosswalk and the girl turned to face me as she passed and loudly said "Hey, I really like your bike!" all the while her male companion was giving her a disapproving look. Add chick magnet to the list of the Busa's qualities. :laugh:

This is my second summer on mine and I love it. Just remember she's a creeping fast bike you don't realize how fast your going till you look at the speedo. The hayabusa is King of bikes :D

take your time and like Lankee said take the msf course. the Busa is a beast, so treat her right and she will always have your back. :thumbsup:

I've had harley guy, sportbike guy and even a guy on a Burgman blow my pegs off! LOL Maybe it's just me but it seems like they were trying to make a point or something.

Yes... now on a Harley forum somewhere, some guy is trying to convince all his mates that his Gyna Low Rider took a Hayabusa in a street race. He's going on and on about how his Power Commander and gutted mufflers took him to a new level. He slayed a Hayabusa. He'll talk about it for decades.

This is my second summer on mine and I love it. Just remember she's a creeping fast bike you don't realize how fast your going till you look at the speedo. The hayabusa is King of bikes :D

:thumbsup: take your time plz plz plz take your time. remember your the owner of the fastest production bike in the world.

Just enjoy it and take your time getting used to having the Busa...ride safe! :thumbsup:

Here's a few things I've noticed now 6 months after getting my 05...

1. My bike is stock & 7 years old but I feel like a celebrity whenever I go to the store! :laugh: I get a lot of "nice bike!" comments. Had another rider come up along side of me and gave me a thumbs up. Even had a guy ask if he could take a picture of it.

I know what you mean.:thumbsup::laugh:

Enjoy it and ride safe.:beerchug:

Yes... now on a Harley forum somewhere, some guy is trying to convince all his mates that his Gyna Low Rider took a Hayabusa in a street race. He's going on and on about how his Power Commander and gutted mufflers took him to a new level. He slayed a Hayabusa. He'll talk about it for decades.

I thought the 14 was the new king of speed shouldn't he be bragging about beating one of those? Lol

One of the best things about the Busa is you can let them race off and pull away slow with pride. Beating them would be effortless so why bother wasting your time:bowdown:

Remove any "Suzuki Hayabusa Kanji Symbols Now. Your killing us. A scooter Your not serious are you?
Be safe take a riders safety course if you havent already..
Hahaha... the original owner took care of that for me, there's nothing but GSX1300R on it. I'm a graduate of the Rider's Edge Premier course, that's what gave me the confidence to buy it.

This is my second summer on mine and I love it. Just remember she's a creeping fast bike you don't realize how fast your going till you look at the speedo. The hayabusa is King of bikes
I found that out the first time I rode it. I thought I'd just poke along at 55 mph on my way home but next thing I know I was passing people, I looked down and I was pushing 80 mph!

And it even had those hard case type saddle bags too! :laugh:

Back