6 minutes ………only 6 minutes ……..What would you do with them?

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I am very excited right now so please excuse my typing.

My wife has been out of town on a business trip and I was tracking her plane to see how late the flight would be, due to all the rain.
I checked status and the plane left early and is expected to be arriving 6 minutes EARLY!!!!

Sounds silly, I know, but that is 6 more minutes that I get to be with my love.

I don’t know about you, but my life clock is always ticking and I don’t know when the last 6 minutes will be, but I now have a better chance of spending them with the ones I love.

The last 6 minutes may be a year from now or, 5 of them may have already past. You just never know.

What would you do if you knew you only had 6 more minutes?
I would have a 6 minute group hug with my whole family (ALL of my family and extended ones too, that means you Org).

Thanks for the ear,
Bubba

My wife has been out of town on a business trip and I was tracking her plane to see how late the flight would be, due to all the rain.
I checked status and the plane left early and is expected to be arriving 6 minutes EARLY!!!!

I don’t know about you, but my life clock is always ticking and I don’t know when the last 6 minutes will be, but I now have a better chance of spending them with the ones I love.

The last 6 minutes may be a year from now or, 5 of them may have already past. You just never know.

I would have a 6 minute group hug with my whole family (ALL of my family and extended ones too, that means you Org).

Thanks for the ear,
Bubba

???...

This is the last thing I did with 6 minutes....

Last edited by a moderator:
GoAWOL is pacing himself...not too shabby :laugh:

I'd hold my kids tight :love:

Wish I could tell you, but we've got:rulez:

Hi Phil,
I was hoping people would use this to think about a happy place they would like to be in when the time comes, did not work. Oh well, best laid plans and good deeds.............:laugh:
Good to see you up and posting.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Hi Phil,
I was hoping people would use this to think about a happy place they would like to be in when the time comes, did not work. Oh well, best laid plans and good deeds.............:laugh:
Good to see you up and posting.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Well Bubba, Phil's idea of a "happy place" is probably closest to the "happy place" scene from Happy Gilmore - I won't expand but if you've seen the movie you know which happy place scene it is as Happy (Sandler) had a few moments in that movie (3 I think). :laugh:

6 minutes eh? Ummmm...can the clock get unplugged to extend the 6 minutes? :laugh:

Try to peg the speedometer on the nearest piece of straight road and see just how far I could go in 6 minutes. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

I would be with my 6yr old daughter.

2 minutes- Watch her swinging on the swing, watching the way her light golden colored hair blows in the wind, see the purity of her laughter & the innocents that embodies a child her age.
3:45 minutes- Would allow me to invision her graduating H.S., then throwing her cap in the air at her College graduation....imagining her happiness as she walks down the aisle of the most important day of her life.
4:50 minutes- I would see my daughter raising her own children, my grandkids. Being a loving Mother.

5:45...I would hug her & kiss her tight...tell her how much Daddy loves her, and with a tear running down my cheek...I would say "goodbye"

6 minutes

Thanks for the ear,
Bubba
Thats a pretty heavy post you've thrown up there, Bubba.
I guess my answer would be IF that last 6 minutes was inevitable, I would try to find the nearest comfortable place, and prepare myself.

Deep breaths, eyes wide open, and thank (insert higher power of choice here) for the time I have had and the people I've known and loved.
Death is part of life... to be psychologically sound, we have to be accepting of death, because without it, we would not have had the life we have, nor would we know the people IN our lives.

I'd rather live with the acceptance of a loved ones mortality and the associated pain of losing them than avoid the pain by either dissociating myself from them in their last moment to avoid my OWN pain, or worse yet, avoid my pain by never having known them at all.

At the end of the day, thats really all we have, because few of us know when "the end of the day" is.
The knowledge of our own mortality is one of mans greatest conflicts, and can become a huge pathology for mental instability.

(Ill get off the soapbox now... thank you for your patience).
:soapbox:

:laugh:

Thats a pretty heavy post you've thrown up there, Bubba.
I guess my answer would be IF that last 6 minutes was inevitable, I would try to find the nearest comfortable place, and prepare myself.

Deep breaths, eyes wide open, and thank (insert higher power of choice here) for the time I have had and the people I've known and loved.
Death is part of life... to be psychologically sound, we have to be accepting of death, because without it, we would not have had the life we have, nor would we know the people IN our lives.

I'd rather live with the acceptance of a loved ones mortality and the associated pain of losing them than avoid the pain by either dissociating myself from them in their last moment to avoid my OWN pain, or worse yet, avoid my pain by never having known them at all.

At the end of the day, thats really all we have, because few of us know when "the end of the day" is.
The knowledge of our own mortality is one of mans greatest conflicts, and can become a huge pathology for mental instability.

(Ill get off the soapbox now... thank you for your patience).
:soapbox:

:laugh:

I am at peace with my mortality, in fact I know how many grains of sand I have left, barring any unforeseen accident, and I am not going to let that interfere with the time I have left, and will try to enjoy each and every minute that I have.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Back