6 Day trip, any interest???

Status update:

Looks as if we have enough interest to see if we can pull this off.

Let's start with a name for this ride as the first step. Throw in your suggestions. :beerchug:

Here are a few, but please let's have your thoughts:

2015 Busa tour.

The Blackbird Hunt. :laugh:

2015 Superbike Trek.

Interest so far:

Willem (Jellyrug) = definite.
Fallenarch = interested.
Pack mule = interested.
Nosbig = interested.
1busa = interested.
Lycan6 = interested.
Georgiabusa-05 = interested and keeping an eye on developments.
FlatlandBusa = interested.
GNBRETT = interested.
RedBusarider = interested.
Captain = interested, but definitely impossible. Help me twist his arm.
GixxerHP = interested, but can't do it this year. See if we can work something out?
GsxrBots = penciled in.
Dscahill = interested.
el stumpo = interested for a part of the route.

If I missed anyone, post up.

Waiting for event name suggestions. Totally flexible, but personally I would avoid, "Bash", "Meet and Greet", "Rally" we are just a bunch of folks getting together to ride, enjoy the freedom of the country open spaces and see stuff.

Cross Country Kanji Connection? :laugh:

By the way, the more I think about this, the more in I am. Change my penciled status to erasable ink.. :hide:

Let's start looking at possible routes, add your suggestions.

Two years ago, I did the TAT (Trans American Trail) on a dirt bike and we did between 250 - 300 miles a day, being 65% off pavement, 30% pavement and about 5% single track, river crossings etc. That was quite doable.

So for a Haybusa on the pavement I though 500 miles a day would be OK? Six days gives us 1,500 miles out and 1,500 miles back.

Flexible, but my suggestions would be either East Coast, from South Carolina up North towards Maine. Alternatively Tennessee or close up towards Wyoming. The latter will be less expensive with quiet open roads.

Timing for me would be possible from last week of May to first two weeks of September and anywhere in between. There are three holidays in between these months, being Memorial May 25th, Independence July 3,4 and Labor day September 7th.

What you say?

I know Omar and I would love to, but I'd have to fit it around the 5 Foo Fighters gigs I'm attending :rofl:

I have priorities ya know...

A date would be a great starting point though. Omar's got his kids here for the summer, I have some rugrats to consider as well, one high school graduation, hair appts, blah blah blah...

But yeah, we'd love to go :whistle:

Sounds like fun! If we can work it out, Michelle and I would love to tag along!

Just have to plan it around the Queen's hair appts and Dave gawking...

Some more things to think about.

Are you thinking of hotel/motel nights? If so, what rates would you expect? $50/night x 6 nights = $300.
Bikes safe at night while sleeping?

500 miles per day? Are you thinking about any sight seeing activities? Stops at major landmarks to do photography and shots of our bikes to prove we were there?

3 meals per day? or 5 smaller meals spread throughout the day? How long of days are you thinking about?

How big is your trailer that your wife would be towing behind us? Can she keep up? :laugh:

Personally, if we are in Southern states that are warm then we could start earlier or later in the year.
Northern states would need to be mid summer - Bostons 100+ inches of snow will take time to melt and if I never see snow again that will be fine with me.

Some other ideas - take a day and ride to an Amusement park - Spend the next day at the Amusement park and then the next day ride someplace else.

Ride to a river and do White water rafting?
Las Vegas has a deal where you can rent real race cars and drive them on a track.

So what say you now?

Everyone, pick a month and we can narrow down the date.

Last week of May?

June?

July?

August?

First week of September?

VA and Omar, you gonna leave that Apple thingy at home right?

NO I didn't post that twice. So if a Mod wants to remove the Duplicate post - Go Ahead.

I hit Quick reply and it asked me if I wanted Leave the page or Stay on the page.
When I hit leave it took me to what looked like the Advanced page and then I hit post and then it just sat there for awhile.
Went to get some water and when I came back there was the double posting - so I don't know what is going on - Sorry.

I told you, I'm anti-Apple :rofl:

Early June sounds nice, skip all of that hot weather of summer, then aim for September if all else fails...

I told you, I'm anti-Apple :rofl:

Early June sounds nice, skip all of that hot weather of summer, then aim for September if all else fails...

VA, can you organize a sub section for us in the "Org Members Rides and Meets" just call it "2015 Six day tour" and we I can get some polls going for timing and route. After that the devil will be in the details we sort out later.

Thanks for your help.

Pencil me in.. All depends on locale and timing, but I'm planning a 10 day ride this year for my birthday, could include this..

If you're going and it's for your birthday, we can call it your Geriatric Cruise :whistle:

Will you be riding that hippy tank of yours? I'll need someone to haul my hair care products :rofl:

Some more things to think about.

Are you thinking of hotel/motel nights? If so, what rates would you expect? $50/night x 6 nights = $300.
Bikes safe at night while sleeping?

500 miles per day? Are you thinking about any sight seeing activities? Stops at major landmarks to do photography and shots of our bikes to prove we were there?

3 meals per day? or 5 smaller meals spread throughout the day? How long of days are you thinking about?

How big is your trailer that your wife would be towing behind us? Can she keep up? :laugh:

Personally, if we are in Southern states that are warm then we could start earlier or later in the year.
Northern states would need to be mid summer - Bostons 100+ inches of snow will take time to melt and if I never see snow again that will be fine with me.

Some other ideas - take a day and ride to an Amusement park - Spend the next day at the Amusement park and then the next day ride someplace else.

Ride to a river and do White water rafting?
Las Vegas has a deal where you can rent real race cars and drive them on a track.

So what say you now?

The last time my wife tried to keep up, she almost ended up behind bars. I had to rescue the situation and ended up with a bunch of LEO's more interested in the bike than her. :laugh:

Best will be if she is somewhere far behind, like real far. Anyone who has a girlfriend or wife who wants to ride passenger with her, post up, that will make it more fun for her.

We will work out the details in the next few days.

Hey - jumping in a couple days late, depending on the timing, I'd Definitely be interested! I'll be moving to San Antonio next month/first of April, settle in to the new job, taking a week of leave would be great near the end of summer and since I'm pretty centrally located (if a bit southern) I'd be able to make the loop no matter where we start/finish, at least for a few days! Pencil me in!

Back