6 Day trip, any interest???

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Any interest in a 6 day Busa trip?

Way open, don't know when?

We can start somewhere in the middle, like Kansas where we meet. Just a suggestion.

Ride through Colorado, into Wyoming, maybe Yellowstone. Just a suggestion.

Then route back.

+- 500 miles a day

Hotel accommodation.

Pickup truck support for luggage, tools or help. (I don't put bags on my bike)

Kind of like a Pashnit tour, but this one is free, except for your food and accommodation. ???

This sounds like a great idea but it's probably gonna take a lot of planning and coordination. if your able 2 pull it off I think that maybe this has the potential to be a yearly thing. We already have the Busa bash and Hayas in the hills don't see why a Org road trip couldn't work as well?? Chance to log some serious miles together and catch some sights or scenery that you wouldn't typically see. Very intrigued to see what comes about from this :thumbsup:

I'll be the Facilitator and my wife will drive the support truck, but we (the riders) will plan this together as a team here on the Org.

Think we need about 6 riders as a minimum to pull it off, but no cap on maximum riders. The more the better.

Let's first see how much interest there is, if viable the next step will be a poll to pick a month, then a fixed date, then we pick where it starts, the route etc. Majority vote determines the outcome.

Lol. wild Birds. I think I'd be interested in this as well depending on what time of year it's done.

Interested yes, absolutely... Possible, definitely Not

Depending on the date and location, I might be able to meet up at the destination.

Colorado and South Dakota would be good states to spend some time in.

How about a WARM or HOT destination in the Winter months for all us snowbirds.
I agree it would take some major planning to do it right. So not enough time this winter.
Do a summer run this year in 2015 and a winter run in early 2016. That should give us enough time to plan.

Winter ideas:
CA so we could experience lane splitting.
AZ to see the Grand Canyon.
FL to experience the SUNSHINE state.

Have trailer will travel to ride someplace when I can't ride in the Winter time. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bump

We have 10 interested with a possible?

Jellyrug
Fallenarch
Pack mule
Nosbig
1busa
Lycan6
Georgiabusa-05
FlatlandBusa
GNBRETT
RedBusarider

Looks like West Coast is out, either East Coast, or somewhere in the middle.

Hit rate depends on timing and location, so we need more riders to make this a go.

Any further interest, to see if we can pull this off?

I'll be the Facilitator and my wife will drive the support truck, but we (the riders) will plan this together as a team here on the Org.

Think we need about 6 riders as a minimum to pull it off, but no cap on maximum riders. The more the better.

Let's first see how much interest there is, if viable the next step will be a poll to pick a month, then a fixed date, then we pick where it starts, the route etc. Majority vote determines the outcome.

I would love too, but this year there is no Money for trips after the last few months.
I really hope you can pull this off it would be an awesome idea as well as a way of thing to come around here!

Pencil me in.. All depends on locale and timing, but I'm planning a 10 day ride this year for my birthday, could include this..

This is a good idea. Not sure how I would start in KS.... :laugh:

What about a circular route across states with predetermined dates and have people jump in where they can? I can do NC and 2-3 states for a few days. But would be unable to do a KS to West Coast trip. Would take me too long to get back. A loop like: NC > VA > WV > KY > IL > MO > KS > OK > AR > TX > LA > MS > AL > GA > SC

Ok, crazy idea but I can ride for a few days. Maybe a weekend plus one weekday.

This is a good idea. Not sure how I would start in KS.... :laugh:

What about a circular route across states with predetermined dates and have people jump in where they can? I can do NC and 2-3 states for a few days. But would be unable to do a KS to West Coast trip. Would take me too long to get back. A loop like: NC > VA > WV > KY > IL > MO > KS > OK > AR > TX > LA > MS > AL > GA > SC

Ok, crazy idea but I can ride for a few days. Maybe a weekend plus one weekday.

That's a great idea! Meet with the group for breakfast, lunch, or on route somewhere and ride with for as long as you can. We will do a location and route vote to accommodate the most riders, in a little bit.

Back