5x8 or 5x10 trailer ????

gaeducator

Registered
Started looking for mc trailers today. Actually called and wanted price on 5 x 8 trailer. Told salesman I wanted something to haul two bikes and he told me 5 x8 would not hold my bikes. So he recommended a 5 x 10 where the bikes could be staggered. I know the 5 x 8 will hold both bikes, but the 5 x 10 is only fifty dollars more. Both trailers are under $900 and they are top of the line trailers. Should I buy the 5 x 10, since it is only fifty bucks more? I would hate to buy the 5 x 8 and then need the added room later.

Do the 5x10. You never know if you may need more than just room for the 2 bikes. And for $50 more, it couldn't hurt.

I have a 5x10 and it is very tight for 2 bikes staggered or not. The extra length does come in handy when i put my tool box or say a large cooler on it.

Go bigger for only $50....? Five foot is tight but do able. Here if I can fit 2 330 fat BUSAs in the back of my truck then you can get them in a 5ft trailer.

DSC00258.jpg

Have a 5x10 and two bikes up front works fine, almost but not quite enough for 3 with one at the back.
5x8 would make things tooooo tight.

The bigger the better as long as your tow vehicle can drag it.

Trust me, you will appreciate the extra space (all though there is never and extra space)

5 x 10. Get 2 Harbor Freight Chocks like the one on the left side of the trailer. It rode much better with less movement than the blue one on the right

IMG_1155.JPG

I also would go for a 5x10 if that was the two choices I had. Stagering the bikes 18" or so makes a difference. 6-7x10 would be even better but.... 8.5x30 is even better. There are limitations to what the vehicle will pull, places to store, cost, all those other factors. You have to find what works in your case, but I lean toward the 5x10 of those 2.

It's like square footage on a house. Get as much as you can afford! :thumbsup:

Back