5th to 6th False Neutral

I've got an 05 LE with 350 mi. and have gotten the 4-5 missed shift 3 times could be lazy shifting or low rpms I'll just wait untill I've got more miles on her before I start freaking out.

after initial break-in i havent had any probs.
cool.gif
I'm with Busaman, no more missed 5-6 shift after inital oil change.

Could be something damaged though I guess, something tweaked.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119604530 -->

Oh and yeah, Shifting "Harder" isn't the answer so much as being more precise and more direct with your shifts. Shifting harder is prolly just going to damage parts.

I have a 2005 Busa with 1000 miles on it. I've changed the oil three times since new (first 2 times with normal and just recently with synthetic). I was about to bring the bike into the dealer as I have has this missed gear or hard to get into gear thing since day 1. I have probelms with 4th into 5th or 5th into 6th. I've owned more than 15 bikes through the years and never experienced a tranny issue like this. No problems with down shifting at all. It does seem be be not as bad at higher rpm shifting. But like another poster above said, I get this half into gear mode and not a snap into gear like 1st to 2nd, etc. Sometimes it misses the gear altogether. It makes riding this bike much less enjoyable and always a worry about when I might miss a gear.

Has anyone verified there is a problem with the tranny that Suzuki has fixed under warranty or is a visit to the dealer going to be a waste of time? Otherwise, I very much enjoy the Busa. But.........this is a biggy on my list of what shouldn't be an issue with Suzuki's top end sportbike.

Just an update. I have an 05 Limited and have had this problem since I left the dealership with it. It is my second Busa and my 7th bike in general. I took it back to the dealer for the break in service and brought it up to the service writer. One of the tech's in the shop overheard the conversation and came out and stated "it must be a suzuki". Not exactly what I wanted to hear with only 1100 miles on her. They did the service and "checked" it out and test rode it 3 times and could't duplicate the problem. I have only ridden it twice since they worked on it and it hasn't done it. It must be a pretty common problem with suzuki or so I thought. I talked to a local race shop that work on some pretty serious bikes. They said that they see it all the time from Kawi's but it was the first from a suzuki. So I don't know what to think. I guess I will see what happens when I get it back from the speed shop and get some more miles on her.

Hi there,
I have 04 Busa with +5K miles on it. It almost never fails catching the neutral between 5th and 6th. I've noticed that if I go full throttle for short periods in each gear and shift quickly then it works fine. But if I take time in 5th gear, getting it in the 6th is almost impossible without experiencing some nasty grinding. Oil does make difference in shifting but 5th to 6th is definite problem for me.

I experienced a false neutral about 3 times today for the first times ever bringing my new Busa home 35 mi...wasn't sure what the hell it was...until now...

Upshifting 4th-5th and then 5th-6th......instead of hitting 5th or 6th like I thought....when I twisted the throttle.....just got a bunch of rpm surge.....a la twisting the throttle in neutral..and then had to upshift again to get in gear.  

Anyway....yeah disappointing to have this happen in the first 30 miles or so on a new bike especiallys since I've never had any bike do this.  If it happens a few more times, I may get pissed enough to sell the bike.  I don't wanna play the waiting game and hope it goes away and I sure as hell am not content to make payments on a bike like this and just "deal" with it.

All I know is my last 4 Hondas (Magna, 2 cbr1100XX's, 1 GL1800) all had and have ZERO problems from day 1.  Nothing....ride them and forget about them.  And to hop on a new bike and have this #### happen right off the bat....not acceptable.  I guess Honda has spoiled me.  If the #### continues, the Busa is gone.  I'll continue to ride my '02 XX that I hammer the crap out of everyday and still feels new.....in fact problems are so freakin' rare to read about on the XX forum....there is no "problems" section.  Not to flame but I'll doubt I'll ever stray from Honda again.  I just don't have to worry about them....and I'm already having issues with my Busa on day ONE. And I'm not the only one.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127022938 -->

I got so worked up...that I just got back from taking the '05 out on the hwy and constantly shifted from 4th, 5th, 6th, and then back down and then back up.  I could not get it to false neutral and was not lazy on any shift.  And the bike also felt less vibey than it did earlier today.  My headlight didn't even seem like it needed adjustment really....so I'm pretty pleased.  Had a nice little ride.  I've got 57 mi on the bike so far!

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127026660 -->

Back