5th death of the year on the dragon

Wow. At the end they are threating to quit responding to medical calls. That's obscene.

What exactly is a hypermotard. Isn't that basically a dirtbike with street tires. Didn't know duc made one.

Be careful out there. It also says he was wearing full gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is sad news...and appears to be a big jump according to their website~!~

Is there a death every week?

No. The fatality rate has averaged under two deaths a year for the past 10 years. Most of these have been the result of speed and over-braking.

Sad. Too many track riders go up there and think it is a course.

Rule #1 know a road well before you ride it hard. I use this rule all the time. I used it when I went to the dragon and I enjoyed it.

Saw this on the local news yesterday. Sad to hear... I wonder what the injuries were that took so long to do him in.

RIP

:please:

fallen_riderz.jpg

Very sad, prayers out to his family.

Last edited:
RIP,

That just stinks. SO many people come to enjoy that road and you can enjoy it.

I hate to see this. It's almost common.

We have a road here that averaged 7 deaths a year. Not nearly as technical as the Dragon and a fraction of the traffic on it. I would have thought the fatal count would be higher on the Dragon.
Probably better visit the Dragon while you can. The media attention may have a detrimental effect on the way things are now. I don't know how they will do it, but someone will come up with a radical idea (lacking common sense) to reduce collisions/fatalities and it will more than likely cost everyone freedom to enjoy a sensible ride on US129.

We have a road here that averaged 7 deaths a year. Not nearly as technical as the Dragon and a fraction of the traffic on it. I would have thought the fatal count would be higher on the Dragon.
Probably better visit the Dragon while you can. The media attention may have a detrimental effect on the way things are now. I don't know how they will do it, but someone will come up with a radical idea (lacking common sense) to reduce collisions/fatalities and it will more than likely cost everyone freedom to enjoy a sensible ride on US129.

I'd bet the accident count is higher on the Dragon. The fatality count is low on the Dragon because for the most part the speeds are low.

That's what happens when people treat public roads like a personal race track. Sad. RIP to the rider.

I don't think people give the Dragon as much respect as they give the race track. On the track, normaly riders take siding laps to assess the condition of the track, learn a new track, etc. People show up at the Dragon and just grip it and rip it.

Back