574 miles - oil change, buell pegs, tighten chain

ericyow

Registered
So I got past the 500 mile, keep it under 5500, mark. I am breaking it in by the book b/c I paid an extra $625 for a 5yr warranty. I'd hate to have something play out and have them say I didn't break it in right or something. So, I'll also keep it under 8500 til 1000 miles, as the book says. Kinda boring, I know. But, whatever. I plan to put 50k miles on it so it's not too bad. ;) I changed the oil, using Suzuki oil. I'll probably change again at 1500 and put synthetic in, leaving that in for a longer period of time. Tightening the chain was a MUST as it could be pushed to the swingarm easily. That took about 7 minutes - easy. And then I did the Buell peg mod.

If you want the buell pegs, hit up Joe(GSX1300R-T). He's got a set for $92 that takes 5 minutes to install, complete with Gen 1 springs and bushings, all polished to shine. He says it's a 10 min install in the illustrated instructions. I think he means if you're on the phone with your mom half of that time. Super easy. The brake and shift lever were also easy to adjust. The only hard part was getting the brake light switch unhooked so I could tighten the adjuster without twisting the wires. Thankfully, I have the hands of a small school girl and I could get both my hands up behind the brake assembly. He says allow 20 min for lever adjustments. It took me about 15 tops.

I rode in the rain the other day so my baby's dirty. I didn't wash it b/c she's gotta stay in the back of the truck tonight, out in tonight's showers. Sad, I know. Not much I can do. Now I'll put some chain lube on the drive chain and I'm ready for a weekend in East TN!!! Oh, and I got a package notice in my mailbox that I have one to pick up at the Post Office tomorrow. I think it's my double bubble windscreen!!!

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00036.jpg

IMG00037.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

IMG00040.jpg

Mine only has about 400-500 miles but it was dynoed with a hundred or so and since then I have hammered the **** out of it. Stock it dynoed just over 170hp and it runs great, I did several heat cycles on it out of the crate then it was game on.

That's for sure! I just got my dark smoke Puig DB windscreen in the mail! I can't wait to put it on!!!

Back