528t timed relay

Zoinks!

Registered
I know that this isn't the electrical board, but there's no one in there right now. . . I just posted a thread in electrical mods asking about an alternate way to wire the DEI 528T timed relay than what's in the pinned thread. Can someone with more experience and/or knowledge of this relay go check it out and help me figure this out. I just got my HID kit tonight and I'd like to wire it up as soon as the relay gets here. Thanks for your help!

Yea, once I finally realized there was a schematic farther down the page that showed,in a different way, what you did, I understood why you did it that way. But while I was reading the post and looking at the pictures I was thinking, "why in the world did he cut that just to connect the other wire?" Lol. I just don't like splicing wires if I can help it. I know it doesn't really make a difference. . . I'm just anal like that with things like this. Haha. Good write up, though! I'm documenting everything I do so I can post up the install when I'm done. I'm tryin a couple things I haven't seen anyone else do. Doesn't mean they haven't, I just haven't seen em.

lurk.gif
Recreating the wheel huh?

But really all I'm trying to do is make the install a little "cleaner" Not that anyone will ever see it once it's on the bike, but I will know. . . As I stated, I'm a little anal about things like this. I'd just rather have one wire per terminal rather than 2, wherever possible. As far as I can tell, I can do this with the one exception of where the +12V and common connect to the bike.

Why the delay kit? headlight is off during cranking already on the 06... never had any issues with mine

Yea, during cranking. Not with the key on. It's not good for the ballast, igniter, and bulb to supply power, take it away, and then supply it again in a short amount of time. It lowers the life of the kit. The whole purpose is keeping the light off from the time the key is turned on untill the bike is started. Not ONLY while starting. In fact, if you read the manual that came with the kit you would have seen that it even says in there not to turn the kit on and off repeatedly. . .

Sorry, hit the wrong key

I start my '06 this way

push the start button
turn the switch on
squeeze the cluth lever

The light only comes on after the bike starts

Back