520 Conversion

Zoinks!

Registered
I'm looking for new chain, sprockets and cush drives and kneedraggers has a set of vortex sprockets and a Z ring chain, but it says "520 conversion kit" What does that mean?

It is a lighter weight chain, not recommended for a Busa's weight and torque.

It is a lighter weight chain, not recommended for a Busa's weight and torque.

Ok. I just called kneedraggers and they said the difference in the 520, 525, and 530 was the pitch. . . What does THAT mean? Lol. You can get different tooth numbers in each one, is the pitch just the angle of the teeth? The guy I talked to said that the factory pitch on the busa was 530. Is that right? I just want to replace with factory settings as far as gearing and all that, so I was just gonna go with the 17 front and 40 rear, but wasn't sure what all the 520, 530, etc. stuff was about. If I just buy THIS front, THIS or THIS rear, and just buy a better chain will that be ok?

Whoever you talked to at kneedraggers is full of it then. (I left out a few letters in one word but you get the point) Pitch measures the distance between two pins. 520 525 and 530 and any other 5xx series will be 5/8" from pin to pin. the first number x 1/8" 4xx is 1/2" 6xx is 3/4". The difference between the 520/525/530 is the roller width (which will make you change the sprocket thickness) they are 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" wide. The sprocket thickness will be a bit less than that.

On a busa, I would stay with a 530 unless you need to save a bit of weight for racing dynos (or LSR) and don't care how long they last.

For instance an EK ZVX series chain HP rating is 100hp for a 520, 150 for a 525, and 180 for a 530

check out page 5 on this catalog. http://www.ekchain.com/images/EKcatalog.pdf

Back