520 conversion / Stealth tri-metal sprocket

markhurd101

Registered
Guys

need some help. is anyone using the stealth trimetal 43 tooth rear sprocket with the 520 conversion. If so did you have to piec it together or dose Stealth make a kit like RK and I am to silly to find it?

really depends on your chain's strength n hp of your bike...canyon carver with stock hp would prolly do ok with a good 520 chain...check out the diff. company's stats on tensile strength of their chains before you buy.

Yes, I have been running the 520 Tri Metal Conversion for about six months now.  18 tooth up front and a 42 tooth rear.  The 520 chain is made by Krause Racing and they claim it's rated at 16,000 lbs tensile strength.  Prior I was running a 530 Tri Metal Sprocket with an RK530GXW chain.  I have noticed that the 520 chain is stretching faster than the RK530 chain did.  I am having to adjust my chain more often.  I don't know how long the 520 Krause will last.  There might be a noticable difference in power distrubition to the rear tire due to spinning a lighter 520 chain. A dyno run might measure the difference.  I sure can't tell by the seat of my pants.
In short without any real/accurate power numbers to compare I wish I had stayed with the RK530GXW and the 530 Tri Metal Sprocket.

Brad

520_conversion_001.jpg

Back