500+ Miles R/T (Grand Canyon Run)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
BigGuy (Jason) and I finally did our GC run today.

We got together at Starbucks at 9:00a and rolled out at 9:30 from Phoenix.

I gotta tell ya...the Grand Canyon is as grand as it's ever been.

The weather today started out being amazingly beautiful...after we got through the park, however, things started to turn...

On the way back to Phoenix, while the roads were initially still dry, it started to snow...the snow stuck to our face-sheilds, then it turned to rain...we pressed on slowing to approximately 80mph (more along the lines of the speed limit). It returned to snow...the slush was building on the roads...

Then it started hailing.

We pressed onward knowing that we were reducing our elevation with every passing mile, and that if we didn't get out of that weather, we'd be stuck there... It wasn't too long before we dropped in elevation from 7,000' toward sea-level...in the Phoenix Valley.

Neither of our bikes are 'winterized' like many of yours are...:laugh: Enough said on that.

There are a grip of pix...

Enjoy!

It was a great, great day. We'll have to do that again in a month or so, Jason.

Starbucks (1).jpg

Starbucks (2).jpg

Last edited:
Always a tough call on the weather in that area at this time of the year. As always it seems you made the best of it and were still able to add some good memories to your already extensive riding experiences. :beerchug:

Now for some pix of the ever-so-Grand Canyon...

The first four were taken using my cell phone...:beerchug:

Cell (3) 2010-03-06 15.08.23.jpg

Cell (4) 2010-03-06 15.08.23.jpg

Cell (5) 2010-03-06 15.08.23.jpg

Cell (6) 2010-03-06 15.08.23.jpg

Last edited:
Okay; I have more...but it's late and I'm exhausted.

I'll put the rest up tomorrow...:beerchug:

Great lookin' pics there Scar, first time I rode to the Grand Canyon & walked up to the rim - just defies the senses. :bowdown:

Nice pics, just would not want to ride in the snow. Hope one day to make it out there.

Nice! Hope to meet you there one day soon. Great pics, looking forward to more:beerchug:

Back