50 Ways to Stay Alive

This is great info, I'm going to print this out and post it at my command. A lot of the younger guys want sportbikes. So I hope they read this and some of it will b stuck in their head.
Posted via Mobile Device

I may have missed this in the post, and if I did I apologize. Speaking of being seen, you need to make sure you communicate your intentions very clearly. I saw a mention of turn signals and tapping the brake - but not a mention of remembering to cancel. Things like leaving your signals on confuses other drivers. This is more important at intersections, where if someone assume your are turning they may pull out.

Very good post. I'd change one thing though...Don't ride like you're invisible. Ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill you. I got that piece of advice from an old guy I met twentysomething years ago when I was commuting from Orange County to Los Angeles, splitting lanes all the time. It has saved my ass more times than I can count.

Some years back Bogus said it should be read once a month, still a good idea still a very valid thread.

Good points - all of them. Really.

Sometimes as a Hayabusa rider (or...any rider, really) it's hard to remember that as much fun as it is to ride like a bat-out-of-hell, it's really not safe.

To elabore on #12 - just because your light has been green for a while doesn't mean someone won't still run the red light. How do I know? That's how my first bike was totalled and I got to see what my skin looked like on pavement...

Tip to new riders...don't downshift during a turn until you KNOW your bike.

Back