5/6 False Neutral

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. When riding my 2012 Busa sometimes when I'm coming to a stop as I go to down shift it jumps into 6th Gear and I have to keep messing with it to get it to act right. But I can never get it to go into 6th Gear as I'm riding. I took this video tonight with bike running but sitting there it don't seem right to me can anyone give me some thoughts. I pray my transmission or Gears aren't bad or going bad.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. When riding my 2012 Busa sometimes when I'm coming to a stop as I go to down shift it jumps into 6th Gear and I have to keep messing with it to get it to act right. But I can never get it to go into 6th Gear as I'm riding. I took this video tonight with bike running but sitting there it don't seem right to me can anyone give me some thoughts. I pray my transmission or Gears aren't bad or going bad.

What gear are you trying to shift down from when this happens? It can't go directly into 6th from any gear other than 5th. How hard are you pressing on the shifter? Are you using the clutch?

This is very muddy. Are you saying unable to go 5th to 6th? Or while shifting 6 to 5th it misses & shift forks make a clacking sound trying to go in gear then you have to shift again to get in gear.

If you feel that it shifts, but the number on the dash doesn’t match the gear you are in, it’s the gear position sensor. My 2009 started doing that before it hit 6k miles and had to replace the sensor. Suzuki actually showed a part number superseding the original, which peobably means that they upgraded to a newer and more reliable one.

Sometimes my L0 would do the same. From 5th to 6th. It'd miss and jump onto neutral (on the indicator). Then i'd have to kick it again into 6th.

yup, had same problem on 2010 goldwing. Shift forks bending, having to do major repair. Now the japanese bike makers say we are shifting the bikes all wrong.:confused:They say after a shift, to hold shift peg up until clutch is let out.:crazy: Of course I said BS, I been riding street bikes since I'm 10, now 63, I know how to shift a motorcycle dammit.:redface: Ya know, I tried it like the bike maker says, and I've never had a false neutral again.:laugh: Hmmm, they may be right. Now, I shift all my bikes that way, never had a grind or any other problem.

Back