4x4 takes me down

boostedbusa01

Registered
Hi guys, well i was riding today on hw 49 in Mississippi and everyone in front of me was straddling a 4x4 in the road and next thing i knew I was flying then sliding. Not too bad though just some road rash on me. Bike has right side faring damage, bent rim, no right foot peg, and some scratches :banghead:. Hitting asphault never is fun. If anyone wants to be helpful and has extra parts i would greatly appreciate it :please:. Thanks everyone and be safe

That's why I ride out front or give it some space. Those little surprises are everywhere. Glad you're alright and best of luck with the damage.

Yeah usually i do 2 but it was slow traffic and i looked over at the car beside me that was drifting kinda close and when i looked back it was on me. Thanks though i hope everything gets taken care of soon

Oh man, post up what year you have and hopefully there will be a few parts laying around that someone can donate. I dont have anything except a take off exhaust for a Gen II.

hate to hear this, glad you are up and basically ok though :beerchug:

Wow, sorry to hear that. It can happen in the blink of an eye. I have never been down on the street. Took a couple of nasty spills on off road but have never slid across the pavement.

Oh man, post up what year you have and hopefully there will be a few parts laying around that someone can donate. I dont have anything except a take off exhaust for a Gen II.

Glad you've ok!! Like twotonevert said, post your bikes info.

It's a 01 Busa. Thanks everyone you are all amazing. Yeah Adam I can promise it's no fun so I wouldn't advise it lol. I had on my jacket which is now torn also but it saved most of my back. But for the most part I'm ok. Soon as I stopped sliding I jumped up and me and my buddy picked my bike up and moved it and after everyone checked me out I rode it home hurting with busted plastics no foot peg and only half a brake lever lol

There is the old girl scratched beaten but not dead.

IMG_20130823_105930.jpg

IMG_20130823_110007.jpg

IMG_20130823_110027.jpg

IMG_20130823_110034.jpg

IMG_20130823_114117.jpg

IMG_20130823_114125.jpg

IMG_20130823_114137.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me on my Blackbird nine years ago in heavy traffic. I didn't go down but destroyed both wheels. I have them hanging on my garage wall as a reminder. I learned a good lesson that day.

Yeah I just wish it wouldn't have taken me and my bike out. Hell I can get new wheels it's the road rash that sucks and having to fix the rest of the bike

That's why I ride out front or give it some space. Those little surprises are everywhere. Glad you're alright and best of luck with the damage.

Without a doubt...my other ride has 18 wheels and my vantage point is a bit different than most. Room is your friend....how's the old saying go..."if you can't see in time to stop or avoid, slow down. Glad to hear you're okay & gl with the repairs.

I wasn't doing but 45 or 50 the problem is that everyone in front of me was covering the damn thing up. Thanks for everyone's comments though and if anyone knows anyone that has parts for sale or wants to be generous let me know please

Back