43th sprocket vs 40th

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
I've heard arguments both ways on this subject... can anybody tell me what the benefits are (if any) in replacing the stock rear sprocket on the '08 Busa with a 43th rear sprocket? Thanks for any info.

08BusaStage4.jpg

'08 comes with a stock 43t

If you want more accel at the expense of top speed and fuel mileage, go 45t.

If you want more top speed or better fuel mileage at the expense of accel, go 41t.

do it. you'll like it. make sure you get yourself a speedo healer or yellow box
thumb_up.gif
to correct the speedo

'08 comes with a stock 43t

If you want more accel at the expense of top speed and fuel mileage, go 45t.

If you want more top speed or better fuel mileage at the expense of accel, go 41t.
Thanks for the info bro... that explains a lot... i was told the '08 had a 40 tooth/rear... didn't know for sure..

08BusaStage4.jpg

That bike in the pic. is NICE !!! Is that a 240 rear, any more pic.'s of the bike ?

I don't race (drag), or pin the needle all that often. I love the pull from like 25 mph. to 120, 140 mph., what would be the set up I should be running ?

That bike in the pic. is NICE !!! Is that a 240 rear @ any more pic.'s of the bike ? said:
is that your busa in the photo?  looks like a roaring toyz production...
I wish!! ;)  (That's a stock photo from "Roaring Toyz") Hopefully soon mine will look similar to that one...  My "stubby" exhaust should be in next week along with my fender eliminator (been waiting on Hotbodies to get theirs in, but it's going to be summer before they are - so i'm just going inexpensive until then).  I love the 240/rear on that thing, and those stubby pipes make the '08 Busa sound like the beast that it is!  
ThumbsUp.gif

08BusaStage4.jpg

Back