43t rear sprocket installed...

Good on ya Chris!

I still have the stock gearing & feel that anymore torque in the twisties & it'll slide out from under me. Definately have to modulate teh throttle on the beast. I still have yet to check out the M1's to tortilla flats & see how they grip.

Mikey D, be sure to post what the M1's feel like. I have a set in the bedroom waiting to be mounted for the old black and purple 03.

hey flrider, I have M1's on my bike, they are great! Changed from 208s and the M1s are a bit easier to lay over in the turns. They also seem to hold the power pretty good so far.

I know Juggler has a spedohealer, and he's wired it up to show the last max speed....pretty cool stuff. He's running the 16/40 so he might be able to help you guys with some of those questions.

BT, don't you ever sleep? It's like midnight in GA is it not? What a man.....  
tounge.gif
Yeah, I sleep... occasionally.
wink.gif

Good on ya Chris!  

I still have the stock gearing & feel that anymore torque in the twisties & it'll slide out from under me.  Definately have to modulate teh throttle on the beast.  I still have yet to check out the M1's to tortilla flats & see how they grip.
Well, yeah, the stock gearing gives you plenty of torque in the twisties. And yes, you can step the back out very easily with stock gearin'. I made the change to give me the ability to get the revs up in the corners and to give me more precise control of the bike via the throttle, not for added torque multiplication. I'm studyin' and practicin' Reg Pridmore's techniques and he's BIG on throttle management and RPM. After tryin' his techniques out I have to say that he is a living GOD at this shid.

Before readin' Pridmore's book I never realized that the throttle could provide WAY more control than just changin' yer speed. Nor did I realize that deliberate throttle control could give me such precise and incremental control over the suspension and even the direction of the bike in a corner. Basically I knew that twistin' the right grip would make 'er accellerate and that accelleratin' through corners was a good thing. There's just SOOOOOOOOOOO much more to it than that and once you get a taste of what you can really do with the throttle, you're hooked! Well, I was anyway. There just ain't nothin' like havin' smooth, precise control over as many aspects of the bike as you can.
wink.gif

Hope that makes sense.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: "Can't fuggin type..."|1090500811 -->

wink.gif

hey guys let me know what plug you are talking about suzuki has a box that i can order thru school that should have all plugs that the bike uses available
Rich

hey guys let me know what plug you are talking about suzuki has a box that i can order thru school that should have all plugs that the bike uses available
Rich
This is just a guess since I haven't dug into the wiring to see how the speedo healer installs, but I'm thinkin' it would have to be the plug where the speed sensor plugs into the wiring harness/speedo.
rock.gif

BT when i go into work tomarrow ill check it out to see if its available it should be we can get stuff thru school that isnt in parts books or on microfiche
Rich

Back