400hp top end parts recommendations

Velix

Registered
Hey everyone, for those that don’t know yet I’m building a turbo gen 1 for a street rod I’m building. My goals are 400hp, and using my T04e it sounds like I’ll be needing around 23psi of boost.

I’m just wondering, what parts are recommended on the head to get there reliably. Should I go to different valves? Brass guides? Stiffer springs? Or is it good to go as I have it now?

I have rods, pistons, injectors, rail, intercooler, HD output, base spacer plate soon, intake cam on exhaust side, adjustable sprockets soon too.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Hey everyone, for those that don’t know yet I’m building a turbo gen 1 for a street rod I’m building. My goals are 400hp, and using my T04e it sounds like I’ll be needing around 23psi of boost.

I’m just wondering, what parts are recommended on the head to get there reliably. Should I go to different valves? Brass guides? Stiffer springs? Or is it good to go as I have it now?

I have rods, pistons, injectors, rail, intercooler, HD output, base spacer plate soon, intake cam on exhaust side, adjustable sprockets soon too.

HI. I have Web turbo cams, 1mm over stanless intake, 1mm over inconel exhaust valves, bronze valve seats, bronze guides Pac valve springs and a ported head. I am looking to make over 800HP.

For a gen 1 head, all you need is valve springs.

Got any pictures of said street rod?
Oh hell ya! Hundreds. Lol. Here’s a teaser pic, but if you want to check out the whole thing here’s a link to the YouTube build series...
Turbo Hayabusa Willy’s Build

01ECD7AF-5117-4DA9-BFCD-2A4D01E42115.jpeg

Just a run of the mill cometic with some APE studs.
Awesome man, thanks for the help!
Could I get another?? Lol
The guy I bought the engine from said the deck was milled a bit, but wasn’t sure how much. I know I’ll be needing a 0.080 base spacer already, but with a shaved deck and the wossner pistons being 10:1, is there a way to figure out what spacer to get, that puts me closer to 9:1 or even 8.5:1?
Probably some measuring for sure, but is there a standard known for spacer plates to get me close? Like does a 0.01 lower compression by 0.2 or something? Lol. Sorry to bother you again.

Awesome man, thanks for the help!
Could I get another?? Lol
The guy I bought the engine from said the deck was milled a bit, but wasn’t sure how much. I know I’ll be needing a 0.080 base spacer already, but with a shaved deck and the wossner pistons being 10:1, is there a way to figure out what spacer to get, that puts me closer to 9:1 or even 8.5:1?
Probably some measuring for sure, but is there a standard known for spacer plates to get me close? Like does a 0.01 lower compression by 0.2 or something? Lol. Sorry to bother you again.
Hi You can get a bigger spacer plate like .100 or .125. have the block checked out to see how much they cut it. I have a 2mm stroked Marine crank for 1340ccs, but the custom JE pistons have 20mm pins and are 10 to 1s. how much boost are you planing to run. what fuel? When I run VP M1 I will make about 60 lbs boost. The costs with ECU, coils, injectors and clutch is about $30,000.00 with turbo about $45,000.00+

Back