400hp BUSA TURBO on a std motor

HIONBOOST

Registered
How much after market parts do you need to get over 400hp on our busas?
The way I see it not much, I have two bikes over here with 400+hp turboed on good race fuel & yes I know that all bike dyno's read different but let’s say a 40hp difference from two different dyno’s up or down.DYNO JET OR DYNO DYNAMICS
Give me some input on why we need add all of these hi performance parts to our bikes?
When there are bikes at my shop that over 50,000+ K,s & run low to hi 8,s sec 1/4 mile times at over 170 to 185 mph? & yes they are all standard except for the clutch & fuel pump.
Sorry but spending lots of money on your bike don't mean good numbers & big HP.
At least I can sleep at night knowing that I am not here for the money.......

<!--EDIT|HIONBOOST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099131862 -->

i don't understand what you are asking and whot you point is?
rock.gif

rock.gif
Ya....I'm not sure what you are asking either?

A basic TURBO kit will get you to 300HP SAFELY but you will need bigger injectors after that. Race gas will help for a while but you will need another cooler (Water Inj./Intercooler, etc.)! Otherwise for quick blasts at the track, it could last for a while but for everyday riding, it isn't going to make it long.

So $4-8k depending on the TURBO kit and about another $4k for the upgrades to handle over 400HP (but.......to live a long healthy life you will need different pistons, lower compression, etc. etc...)
wink.gif

No No, He's telling us that it is silly to spend so much for a turbo bike, when he has turbo bikes that make 400HP and don't cost nearly as much to put together.

My only real answer would be reliability, but given what I have been seeing and hearing lately those haven't been all that reliable either...

I think he might be trying to sell something... Not sure...
rock.gif

ok ok so lets say
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ + Turbo + Busa and some more $$$$$ = Fast busa with lotsa HP
rock.gif

ok got it !!!

no no no he's saying that all Dyno's read different, whether you put a turbo busa with alot of aftermarket parts on it or a bike with nothing but a clutch and fuel pump. Also, it costs alot over here but not over there...or the other way around.

I can answer the "Give me some input on why we need add all of these hi performance parts to our bikes?"

Cause I have this guy here at work that has a Busa too and whoever has the most toys wins...he just got a pipe and PC, so now I have to get that and a big bore kit or NOS or something... but don't tell Chris.

HEY,  how long until I drop the ROOKIE label above my avatar?

<!--EDIT|UUBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098988985 -->

If you are running 400hp on a completly stock bke you are doing very well and you are very lucky. The list is very long when individuals push the hp beyond the motor. All depends on how you ride.n Seen

Pistons melt
output shaft break from over 200lbs torque
heads melt
clutches go
Fuel pumps burn up
etc. etc.

I am not trying is sell any turbo kits in the USA as all my busa kits are sold in Australia only & I like to fit all of our turbo kits that way there are no #### ups..
The point is that you do not need to spend lots of money on your motor to get good hp & good times at the drag meets.
Just spend your money on the right parts example good fuel, large intercooler the right turbo, injectors ECT.
As we all know the busa motor is very strong & there are only a few things that will fu.k it & the main reason is bad tuning or too much boost with bad quality fuel.
I have had an all stock motor turbo busa make over 450rwhp in race trim only with just good tuning & a good turbo set up...
As I said before I am not trying to sell a turbo just trying to save you MONEY..
The more turbo bikes out there the better the Racing gets…..

On the other hand if we all had ZX12R turbos I would tell you to spend lots of money as they need all the after market parts you can get.
I have turboed a few ZX12R & any thing over 250+hp BOOM BOOM BOOM.

I am not trying is sell any turbo kits in the USA as all my busa kits are sold in Australia only & I like to fit all of our turbo kits that way there are no #### ups..
The point is that you do not need to spend lots of money on your motor to get good hp & good times at the drag meets.
Just spend your money on the right parts example good fuel, large intercooler the right turbo, injectors ECT.
As we all know the busa motor is very strong & there are only a few things that will fu.k it & the main reason is bad tuning or too much boost with bad quality fuel.
I have had an all stock motor turbo busa make over 450rwhp in race trim only with just good tuning & a good turbo set up...
As I said before I am not trying to sell a turbo just trying to save you MONEY..
HIGHON,

As someone also from Australia (Sydney), I'd be interested to know where you are from (which shop) and also what kind of $$$ you are talking about ?
I'm guessing S&R but I know they/you are not the only ones building bikes...
Josh 04 Busa

I agree with what you are saying, that is why for the STREET it is a good idea to watch how you ride. The top ends will kill turbo motors driven by rookies most of the time. Also yes TUNE TUNE AND TUNE

I along with everyone else is lost...Saving money and turbo applications don't agree...It's either one or the other...As for inexpensive HP no such animal exsist...You either pay for it or you don't get it...I guess on the other hand if you can manipulate a dyno you can sell the HP you print...
evil.gif

Post up exactly every part you put in yer kit....I'm very curious to see what ya got!!

If you are running 400hp on a completly stock bke you are doing very well and you are very lucky. The list is very long when individuals push the hp beyond the motor. All depends on how you ride.n  Seen

Pistons melt
output shaft break from over 200lbs torque
heads melt
clutches go
Fuel pumps burn up
etc. etc.
Not to mention rods coming thru the cases, etc.

Jay

Back