4 stroke power leaf blower/string trimmer

Thye 4 strokes are supposed to be the stuff nowdays in weed eaters

Last edited:
I have a four stroke Echo backpack blower. It wasn't cheap, but neither is my time. I can blow the leaves out of my mulch beds now in about 45 minutes vs. the two hours it took with my old blower...or the eighty hours it took the first year when I did it all with a rake.

I have the troy build 29cc leaf blower and the weedeater. Purchased last year and love them. I am sooooo tired of two stroke stuff. The 2 strokes do produce more power with the same size engine, but the 4 strokes are more reliable and easier to keep in tune. They also do not have the oil separating from the gas and gumming up as fast when sitting for periods of time. I have started converting all my stuff to 4 stroke.
PS, use the titanium based trimmer string...I don't even remember the last time I had to fill the line. The only drawback is if you have too long of a string hanging out the shaft, it's too strong for the cutter to shorten it and you have to carry a pair of wire cutters.

I have a four stroke Echo backpack blower. It wasn't cheap, but neither is my time. I can blow the leaves out of my mulch beds now in about 45 minutes vs. the two hours it took with my old blower...or the eighty hours it took the first year when I did it all with a rake.
yea, cheap is a sucker punch sometimes... end up needing to purchase twice..

I have the troy build 29cc leaf blower and the weedeater. Purchased last year and love them. I am sooooo tired of two stroke stuff. The 2 strokes do produce more power with the same size engine, but the 4 strokes are more reliable and easier to keep in tune. They also do not have the oil separating from the gas and gumming up as fast when sitting for periods of time. I have started converting all my stuff to 4 stroke.
PS, use the titanium based trimmer string...I don't even remember the last time I had to fill the line. The only drawback is if you have too long of a string hanging out the shaft, it's too strong for the cutter to shorten it and you have to carry a pair of wire cutters.
Titanium based line? I will look for that.. never seen it before..

I did go ahead and get the string trimmer to try out the motor (same engine in both)..

get an echo product. All power equiptment except chain saws com with a 5 year consumer warranty. Commercial gets 2. Best bang for your money.
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw they also have propane-powered weed eaters for about the same price. Think I saw it in 'This Old House' magazine. ???

Thinking that would be a good addition. I keep having to borrow my brother's stuff.

TB, MTD, Bolens, Yardman, and Cub cadet same company.... My mower still fires up first pull after almost 14 years of abuse and use. Yes made by the same company! My weed eater is a CC love that thing but alas its not a four stroke.. Should last you a very long time if its built like most of there prosumer stuff.

MTD Corporate :: Homepage

Last edited:
I run Stihl equipment, it is 2 stroke, I tried the 4 stroke stuff, but you still have to mix the oil and gas. Kind of hard to put a oil pump in a weed eater when your gonna be slinging it all around.

Back