4 into2 'Busa exhaust question

fillmore nyc

Registered
If this is a little gravedigging from an old thread, please excuse... I looked, but couldnt find this info.
I'd like to put a full system on my '06 'Busa, thats got 2 cans, not the typical Yosh, TiForce single can. Im not looking for those shorty cans (like Alien Heads), but more like the bigger Yosh style can, but 2 of them. The kicker is, I'd like to retain my centerstand if possible. Any suggestions??

One other thing... is it just an trait of full systems to lose some low/mid power compared to a stock system? I know its old school, but when I had my '96 ZX-11, I installed a Muzzy Ti/Carbon full system, and got a Factory Jet Kit from Muzzy.
I had Orient Express dyno the bike no less than 50 times, and it never was able to make more power under 7k than it did stock. Of course, over 7k it picked up around 14 hp.
Thinking it might be the jet kit, we yanked the Factory kit, and went with a Dynojet kit... same s#!t. Dyno'd it around 40 times, and it always lost power under 7k, gained above 7k. The only reasonable conclusion was that it was the full system causing the low end loss. It made riding the bike a real drag, cause it was sluggish right where I wanted it to be strong. In the end, I kept the Dynojet kit, went back to the stock pipes (no slip-ons available for ZX-11's), and after a tranny snafu, sold the bike.
So is this just the trade-off in a full system? Gains on top, loss on bottom, or is there a pipe (hopefully a 4 into 2) for the 'Bus that gains from bottom to top?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
I might be selling my Yoshi TRS system if youre interested, twin carbon cans, half system.

I wanna get a single brocks shorty.

I might be selling my Yoshi TRS system if youre interested, twin carbon cans, half system.

I wanna get a single brocks shorty.
Thanks Tony, but I already have a pair of Yosh RS-3 bolt-ons. I would like to go full system with the upgraded header, but keep it 2 cans instead of one.
Thanks anyway!!
:thumbsup:

Thanks Tony, but I already have a pair of Yosh RS-3 bolt-ons. I would like to go full system with the upgraded header, but keep it 2 cans instead of one.
Thanks anyway!!

ahhh nice. Im in the same boat as you then!! :p I really would love to go full system as well and from what ive read before brocks is the way to go?? (correct me if im wrong :p)

Well, that just goes to show you, some of us REALLY do like having double cans in the back.....I've been recently looking at differences between the Vance and Hines CS1, compared to a HMF low pipe set, or something else. "Everyone" has single pipes, and yet I have awesome bottom end, my mid, and upper power really kicks so I say get what appeals to you. I have a friend contemplating dumping the TRE on his Yosh, Fuel Teklusions combo for a Boostbysmith plugnplay 1N23455 instead of the 5th all the time to gain some bottom response. I launch him every time, but I have "departure" skills with my two-can back end.........

Not too many options out there for dual pipes on the Gen I. Finding the header is the hardest part. But once you find a header, you will need to do what I did to make anyslip ons work.

From two years ago:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/1119399-post1.html

From what I've read, duals on the Gen I typically make less power up high than a single, but a little more down low. Gen II seems to be going either way, but the bikes are so similar, that it could come down to exhaust design more than anything else.

Most do exhaust swaps for performance, and the single exhaust offers performance AND weight reduction, which improves overall performance.

But a lot are like me, and just like 2 cans in back of the big bike.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that duals sound different than singles too...at least the one's I've heard. To me, duals sound deeper.

th_2brosmontage.jpg

Last edited:
I am running the D&D full 4-2 show and go system. Header and mid pipe is chrome plated and cans are polished. You can also get them in Black and I think other finishes are available too. I am thinking about selling mine but I have not found anything I like yet. Kind of leaning toward the Japanese exhaust starts with T. Let me know if interested The only flaw is a little road rash on right can at bottom where it is connected to mid pipe. About a $200 replacement I have not gotten around to.

That looks, and sounds absolutely Bad@ss Brian. Truly a sweet balance, and really accents the motor noises. Can hear everything working....me likey !!!

Chris, PM me when you're ready, might be interested. Not real thrilled with chrome headers, could actually have them stripped here in town, but I'm definitely looking for a tuned 4-2 header I can work with.....

Daniel, aren't TiForce expensive ????......

Sooner or later......good stuff guys !!! :super:

I have fitted several Gen II systems to Gen 1, so it will work but your will have to do some plastic trimming and remove the Belly pan and belly pan mounting brackets off the lower frame. I would put the Gen II 4 into 1 Tsukigi SS/Oval on there....

I have a Devil 4 into 2 full system on mine.They are high mount carbon cans which tuck nicely to the rear tail section for a real clean look.Sound great and perform great.No problem with a slugish low end.:laugh:

2right.jpg

left1.jpg

If this is a little gravedigging from an old thread, please excuse... I looked, but couldnt find this info.
I'd like to put a full system on my '06 'Busa, thats got 2 cans, not the typical Yosh, TiForce single can. Im not looking for those shorty cans (like Alien Heads), but more like the bigger Yosh style can, but 2 of them. The kicker is, I'd like to retain my centerstand if possible. Any suggestions??

One other thing... is it just an trait of full systems to lose some low/mid power compared to a stock system? I know its old school, but when I had my '96 ZX-11, I installed a Muzzy Ti/Carbon full system, and got a Factory Jet Kit from Muzzy.
I had Orient Express dyno the bike no less than 50 times, and it never was able to make more power under 7k than it did stock. Of course, over 7k it picked up around 14 hp.
Thinking it might be the jet kit, we yanked the Factory kit, and went with a Dynojet kit... same s#!t. Dyno'd it around 40 times, and it always lost power under 7k, gained above 7k. The only reasonable conclusion was that it was the full system causing the low end loss. It made riding the bike a real drag, cause it was sluggish right where I wanted it to be strong. In the end, I kept the Dynojet kit, went back to the stock pipes (no slip-ons available for ZX-11's), and after a tranny snafu, sold the bike.
So is this just the trade-off in a full system? Gains on top, loss on bottom, or is there a pipe (hopefully a 4 into 2) for the 'Bus that gains from bottom to top?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
You will lose a little low end with a 4-1 system compared to a dual system. That and noise reduction are the 2 main reasons for duals on the big bikes. You can get 4-1's which focus primarily on high rpm peak power, you can get 4-2-1's which give a little more low end while still giving good peak power, or you can go with a 4-2 which retains the low and mid power, but give up a little on top. One nice thing about a 1300cc engine is you can afford to give up some low end and still have plenty to go around :thumbsup: The busa isn't even in the same universe as your 11 when it comes to tuning. Between the fuel injection, and bigger, higher compression higher tech engine, even with a 4-1 system I think you'd still be quite happy with the low end.....and the power you gain above 5 grand will make you VERY happy indeed :laugh: :thumbsup: :beerchug:
Most of the full systems out for the busa's are 4-2-1....a very nice compromise for the big beast. I put a yosh 4-2-1 on my bus....I did lose a little under 5 grand, but from 5 up it made a HUGE difference in power :thumbsup: and the little bit I lost isn't even noticeable for my riding style.........but the big gain sure is :laugh:

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I wasnt aware that V&H made the header to go with a pair of slip-ons. Sounds like a little fabrication to mount the Yosh RS-3 carbon cans would make a pretty sweet set up, and worth the time.
I wouldnt mind losing a little on top compared to a 4-2-1, since it will still be more than slip-ons with the stock header, AND retain most of the low & mids.
Im another one of those guys that likes the looks of 2 cans poking out the back of the 'Bus!!
Thanks again!!
:beerchug:

I just received my HMF headers 4-2-2 Highmount with Akropovik shorty cans. I'll eventually be installing the headers but using short tips with baffles instead of the cans. :laugh:

Vance and hines makes a 4 into 2 header... any slip-on from there.

they where suzuki for years....... till they sold here sole to the VTWIN company.
Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems
Well, I checked this one out, and it seems V&H knows as much about their product as my dog does.

They do not know if:

It will clear a centerstand.
If it will lose bottom end power.
When it will be available (NOT available at the moment, apparently).
The rep told me its an upgrade for the stock header, to be used with either the stock cans or aftermarket, but in the same sentence, he says its really a race header, not so much for the street... Racing with stock cans, eh? Hmmm...
:confused2:

I think Im gonna stick with the stock header and the carbon RS-3 Yosh slip ons. Just less b*ll$#!t involved, and Im sure it'll make enough power after being mapped, retain the low end and the centerstand.
Again, thanks for the replies!!
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Back