4 corners, 10,000mi trip report

hows the camera working out? figure out the exposure settings?

Camera has been fun. I'm just clicking away. Every once in a while I try a different setting or lens.
Although I have found it a pain to get at very easily. But I rather it rides safe and not get damaged.
Still he to get a cord so I can plug it into my tablet.

:laugh: i left my profile signed in on Nancy's puter and she posted as me..
no worries.

awesome day today. i met with a fire crew water rescue team and had a great time. we got interviewed and i got to looked around the station. they invited me to stay. that might have been neat.
i doubt much rest though as they are a working fire station. :whistle:
tonight im at Nancys, and tomorrow San Diego and my Ugly Brothers. in excited.

still no luck on the pic loading thing. i'll keep trying. hope i dont have to load 2800 pics onto this thread when i get home.

im posting pics easily on Facebook if ya wanna find me there. the wife loaded an app on my phone that make that easy for me.

my name is Russell Reddick, and i live in Wyoming. :thumbs:
there ya go, hunt me down. im accepting any friend request from about anyone as i travel. :welcome:
+

Safe Travels, thought I might here from you twice but you must have been on a time crunch..

Having minor computer troubles. Can't post pics very easy on my phone and have to type on the notepad thing.

Tonight I am in Brookings Oregon.
But let us talk about how I got here.

I was In Arlington Wa. Last time I checked in.
Well the slugs invaded my beer and I headed north to Blaine in the morning. It seemed to take forever, although it was only an hour or so before I reached Blaine.
I took a pic a the "Welcome to Blaine" sign and went to a little red caboose for breakfast and some coffie.
Beautiful view from the cafe. Sweet little town too. I talked to a nice lady that lived there and she encouraged me to go bug the local paper, s I did! Look for an article with me in it soon. They also viv a video interview they said they were going to put on their YouTube channel.
After spending way to much time in Blaine I was back down the same road I rode up on.
Good old i-5. Its a stop and go parkinglot of vehicles! I do not like I-5.
Stopped at exit 68 in Washington to get a tank of gas and donation from Brother Pig F-er (yup that's his name)
Last night I decided to make miles, or try.
I made it to Salem and got a room. 400mi, but it felt like 500.
Tody I awoken to rain. so I waited and got a late start 10am.
The rise today was nice, but it is overcast and rainy. Cold. I lived my suit all day. Brr.
I rode 9hrs pretty hard only stopping for gas and ranked off for an hour taking pics and eating clam chowder. It was all I could do to make 300 today. But I made it a point to stop early enough to get a room, rest a little, go get something to eat, so I can go to bed before 2am.
It takes me three to four hours to wind down after a days ride.

I'm really trying to enjoy this part of the trip, but it has been hard with my schedule crunch and the weather not playing nice.

Tomorrow I ride through a tree and go to Sacramento to get ready for a press event on Monday.
Tomorrow is Sunday?
1 week on the road.

:thumbs:

Safe Travels, thought I might here from you twice but you must have been on a time crunch..

i am very sorry i was unable to hook up with you, Tuff, and Frisbee. i am really vrunched trying to make miles and do all the press events. that kinda sucks, because yall have been so nice to me and i really wanted to meet yall in person.

thank you thank you thank you for your kind offers.

:bowdown:

i have had an amazing trip all the way down the west coast. i have meet some very awesome heros with the claclmas sherrifs and datr team, sac, and la fire and rescue, the firehogs, great guys, like to drink really good beer, the La county FD stations.
i met with the sandiego lifeguard folks today. and got the grand tour of the station. holy wow, these have to be about the best lifeguards in the country...we'll see, i have 1/2 the country left to see.

i got sponsored by Suzuki of America!!!! they are paying for new tires, Mishlin PP2's!, a pricery tire than i uasually run. they are also going to fix my fork seals, oil change and they are giving me a gel touring seat.
bad news is that thy dont have the dust covers in stock or the seat. and will not change the seals w/o them. i may have to wait until monday to get rolling again!!

but i can not turn down free service. this is almost $2000 worth of service. i am so honored that they have decided to help me.
thank you nancy and scar for helping make that happen.

they are going to drive around and see if they can find me some dust seals so they can get me going earlier, and i think he said he was going to ask the factory big wig to personally drive my seat down here to get me back on the road.
omg, who am i again? what have i done to deserve this?
i was going to just fix everything myself in a friends carport, with the tools i have on me. might have needed a bad of dyna beads, but heck im always ready to wrench.

i would really like to post all he press links up here. but im having troubles.
they should be really cool and have the Busa in every one.
she is holding up well. no worries there, solid as a rock.
the Botsford cruze control is working well. it tames the wick a little ad hels me avoid accidental weelies here on the coast.

well, my friends, i will do my best to type more tomorrow.
happy dreams from San Diego!
:thumbs:

i am very sorry i was unable to hook up with you, Tuff, and Frisbee. i am really vrunched trying to make miles and do all the press events. that kinda sucks, because yall have been so nice to me and i really wanted to meet yall in person.

thank you thank you thank you for your kind offers.

:bowdown:

No need to say you're sorry Borther ! I know how easy it is to get behind and you have things planned in advance that you need to be at . You just ride safe and complete your mission.

Pics from San Diego.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My hosts and sponsors here in San Diego, has been the UMF of America. They have been so very kind to me. Giving me a place to stay, feeding me, taking me around to play tourist, and they keep shoving wads of bills in my pockets for gas or "what ever I may need it for". Such awesomely nice folks.

I am waiting for the Fun Bike Center to finish Bessie, so I can get rollin again. Should be done sometime today.

When you hit NJ NY Motorcycle Mall is donating a oil change service
here is the reply:
Mike,
When would the member be coming in? The owner is willing to donate the oil and filter and a service tech is willing to donate his time to get in a oil change for him.
Can you please provide me with this member's contact information.
Also, any love you can show us on our social media sites is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Rich Gonnello

here is the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleMall

I gave them a thanks and provided a link to this thread!!

When you hit NJ NY Motorcycle Mall is donating a oil change service
here is the reply:
Mike,
When would the member be coming in? The owner is willing to donate the oil and filter and a service tech is willing to donate his time to get in a oil change for him.
Can you please provide me with this member's contact information.
Also, any love you can show us on our social media sites is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Rich Gonnello

here is the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleMall

After far too long in San Diego we have released Russ to explore the rest of the country. Good luck and keep the shiny side up.

Yesterday I rode from San Diego to Albuquerque. 842.9mi!
That may be the longest day I have ever done on the Busa.
I stayed with Sharp and Gipsy, up in the eastern mountains. They let me sleep in way to late.
Made it to Amarillo where the Big Texan forgot about my meal so I walked out and went to Sonic.

I got a room in Amarillo. Crappy little hole. Hoping to leave early in the morning.

Back